HTC Leather Messenger Pouch

R0ss

Mar 17, 2011
www.cannonmotorsports.com
Switching from a blackberry I like having my phone in a slim pouch in my pocket or in my briefcase, etc. I noticed the messenger pouch from HTC in the Thunderbolt link from some of the stores and found it on amazon for about half the price.

The same part number as the HD2 - got mine and the TB fits perfect.

In case anyone else is interested.

Amazon.com: HTC Messenger Pouch for HTC HD2: Cell Phones & Accessories

Thanks

HiPower

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I've been trying to decide on this case or the oem HTC slip pouch. Can you measure the thickness with the phone in the pouch, please? Can you pull the phone out of your pocket without pulling the pouch with it?

R0ss

Mar 17, 2011
www.cannonmotorsports.com
I've been trying to decide on this case or the oem HTC slip pouch. Can you measure the thickness with the phone in the pouch, please? Can you pull the phone out of your pocket without pulling the pouch with it?

Total thickness is about 3/4"

Negative on pulling the phone out while still in pocket. It's a snug fit and you have to use 2 hands...but my bberries always were also snug until they got broken in...Ive only had it for a day so I'll update later...

AlpineM3#AC

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Just got it today, soo happy with it. It looks and feels like a quality product plus, it really protects the phone from every angle. Definitely worth it u guys!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Tryn2getaclu

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
was thinking of getting something like this. Anybody have it? Know how the TB will fit?
Amazon.com: HTC Messenger Case for HTC, HD2, EVO 4G: Cell Phones & Accessories

I actually prefer that style to the Messenger ones in this post. Both are HTC and made of the same materials. I just do not want any clip because I pocket my phone; that's why I went with the messenger version. But, if this one were available w/o the clip - I would have gotten this one. My messenger should be here by Saturday.

Eric The Duke

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site

Joe378

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I just got that one in the mail from Amazon today. It does fit the tbolt. The packaging says the case is for the Evo and HD2, but those phones are basically the same size as the tbolt. I'm guessing on future packaging of this Messenger Case, the Thunderbolt will be listed on it.

Will this phone fit in this case with the extended battery on?

djcyph

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site

i was thinking about a sip pouch too because it looks a lot thinner but when i go here:

HTC Slip-In Leather Pocket Pouch

if u have thunderbolt selected as ur device it says its not compatible...can anyone confirm this? looks big enough...

update: found TB one...AC sells it for 20...buy.com https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...8%2Floc%2F111%2F218674865.html&token=2MBzTsV7 only 13

Last edited:

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I just got that one in the mail from Amazon today. It does fit the tbolt. The packaging says the case is for the Evo and HD2, but those phones are basically the same size as the tbolt. I'm guessing on future packaging of this Messenger Case, the Thunderbolt will be listed on it.

I actually got both that belt pouch case and the pocket pouch from Amazon. I returned both because the belt pouch was a tight squeeze and it was rather difficult to remove. I don't need a phone on my belt clip being difficult to remove because that's how it will fall. As for the pocket case, it's far too thick. I got an HTC pocket pouch that covers most of the phone (except half of the earpiece and up) but that's no big deal. It's thin and an excellent stop gap solution until Sena can come up with an Ultra Slim case.

I use this case for my pocket: http://store.androidcentral.com/htc-s510-slip-in-leather-case/4A132A6707.htm

I use this case for my belt clip: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...PS://www.verizon.com/products/&token=vDjboOxy

As I said, the pocket case is listed in the Android Central store to fit the Thunderbolt. And for the most part it does just that except for a tiny bit of the ear piece and up. No big deal to me.

The belt clip case I had purchased in the store after getting an idea that maybe the Droid X case would fit. It fits better than the Droid X itself does.

ggrr8t

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Well I got the htc messenger case Amazon.com: HTC Messenger Case for HTC, HD2, EVO 4G: Cell Phones & Accessories. I guess Mine is running small. It is quite the struggle to get it back out. I was hoping the straps in center holding front and back were elastic. The cover flap will not even stay shut, it pops open. It is leather so it will be a while breaking this in to fit the way I want. I am going to keep looking for something bigger.
I tried this Verizon one out at store https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...PS://www.verizon.com/products/&token=U1ugZ2Yo. It fit better, wish I bought it instead of htc one.

Last edited:

Tryn2getaclu

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
ggrr, I bought the HTC messenger pouch but the clipless vertical slide in (pocketable) version. It is snug at first and is already loosening up after a week (I work from home so only use when I go out). More active daily use (putting phone in and out frequently throughout the day) will probably break it in faster. These cases were originally designed abound the HD2 and other HTC 4.3" phones. TB is .09" thicker (not much but enough to make it snug at first). I had this same type of case for my BB and had the same issue. The leather softens & stretches with use. My pouch, and I assume yours too, has some thin cardboard between the leather outer/inner panels, these soften as well.

Your vzw link only takes to VZW home page. If you want to repost it, I think you may have to post the descriptive name and we probably have to search the VZW site using that "name".

ggrr8t

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I cut and paste link from previous poster it worked for me all I had to do was put zip code in. Or if that does not work for you just put the item # in it is in link id=46239

asianrage

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I actually got both that belt pouch case and the pocket pouch from Amazon. I returned both because the belt pouch was a tight squeeze and it was rather difficult to remove. I don't need a phone on my belt clip being difficult to remove because that's how it will fall. As for the pocket case, it's far too thick. I got an HTC pocket pouch that covers most of the phone (except half of the earpiece and up) but that's no big deal. It's thin and an excellent stop gap solution until Sena can come up with an Ultra Slim case.

I use this case for my pocket: http://store.androidcentral.com/htc-s510-slip-in-leather-case/4A132A6707.htm

I use this case for my belt clip: Set Your Location

As I said, the pocket case is listed in the Android Central store to fit the Thunderbolt. And for the most part it does just that except for a tiny bit of the ear piece and up. No big deal to me.

The belt clip case I had purchased in the store after getting an idea that maybe the Droid X case would fit. It fits better than the Droid X itself does.

LOL, I actually got that sleeve (BOLDed) through eBay for 2 bucks. The only negative with the case is that it couldn't fit my cased TB. Otherwise, it's a good purchase.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aleftshoe