HTC M8 Image Stabilization (Exist?)

Rhyalus

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
It doesn't, but the shutter speed is incredibly quick.

Posted via Android Central App

This doesn't help during videos.

The lack of image stabilization is a big deal. I have seen reviews online showing the S5 and the M8 side by side doing a video, and you can really tell the difference.

R

icwhatudidthere

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
This doesn't help during videos.

The lack of image stabilization is a big deal. I have seen reviews online showing the S5 and the M8 side by side doing a video, and you can really tell the difference.

R

Does it at least have some kind of digital image stabilization as an option?

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, no stabilization. It's a problem if you want to do slow, artistic, cinematic shots of stuff, but to me, isn't really an issue in anything else. Here's a link to a daily vlog I shot recently on my M8. Bit shaky in parts but totally acceptable
YouTube IRL: VidCon 2014 Daily Vlog - Day 4: http://youtu.be/UO2wmeMWvYs

Sent from my HTC One M8

TheUnknownUser

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
There is no optical image stabilization there is a software equivalent according to HTC.

"Unfortunately the secondary sensor is not compatible with optical image stabilization which means the One's optical system has been replaced with a "Smart Stabilization" software solution of which HTC claims it is as good as the optical variant in the One. We'll find out if this is true in our comprehensive review on the following pages. We'll also have a close look at the Duo Cam features and perform an in-depth analysis of the One M8's image quality. So read on to find out if the HTC One M8 should be the new smartphone of choice for mobile photographers."

http://connect.dpreview.com/post/9518793433/htc-one-m8-camera-review

Posted via Android Central App

rizevnarastek

May 6, 2012
Visit site
M8 has only still image stabilisation not video stabilisation. If you want to take better videos shoot them in fast HD (60fps) that is actually true FullHD... It will still shake to an extent but the framerate is so much higher that the shaking isn't noticeable or is indeed much more natural and fluid. Try it out. It's the only way to shoot video. 30fps is lame.

Sent from my HTC One_M8

AnimalMotherASF

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
M8 has only still image stabilisation not video stabilisation. If you want to take better videos shoot them in fast HD (60fps) that is actually true FullHD... It will still shake to an extent but the framerate is so much higher that the shaking isn't noticeable or is indeed much more natural and fluid. Try it out. It's the only way to shoot video. 30fps is lame.

Sent from my HTC One_M8

oh ok, thank you for correcting me guys.
So only the video does not have it, maybe an update can fix that in software?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair