HTC One Android 4.2.2 (A sneaky look)

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm rooted and running Android Revolution HD, which just updated to version 10, which is based on the 4.2.2 build for the HTC One. It is amazing. I think the two best changes are the addition of quick settings and notifications now default to the expanded view. Home button mapping to eliminate the black bar is great for people who aren't rooted too (I've had a long press of my back button mapped to menu for a while). There are no lock screen widgets though, which is disappointing.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm running a ROM based on it, and it's not too bad. Of course there are bugs to be worked out, but that's the ROM's fault. It's nice to have the toggles in the notification area.

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Looks great, but I'm really curious if they are going to fix the annoying compression issue with the first picture you attach in an MMS. I absolutely HATE that.

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I've been running the update for a couple of days now. Sadly there's no lock screen widgets functionality. Looks like HTC opt'd to exclude the feature. You can still use DashClock on your home screen though.

Sent from my HTC One

Tower72

Gigantic Member
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Aye...those of us who unlocked our bootloaders and rooted our phones..well some are running the leaked 4.2.2,,which is awesome btw!! I do miss the ability to use Dashclock widget though :(

Brandon Neer

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I heard they gave an option not to show facebook pics in the gallery also - can anyone confirm this?

The drop down menu has albums, events, locations and friends. Facebook only shows up under albums and friends. It has facebook as a separate album, as well as dropbox, flickr, and picasa. You can shut on/off gallery albums.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
The update should be available anytime now right?

The drop down menu has albums, events, locations and friends. Facebook only shows up under albums and friends. It has facebook as a separate album, as well as dropbox, flickr, and picasa. You can shut on/off gallery albums.

Not a fan of facebook so it was great that I can disable it.

Nemephosis

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
None of that really interests me... I have a customized Sense 5 Rom that already shows a battery percent (and it isn't a giant ugly number, it's a nice small one that sits inside the indicator), long-pressing the back button is my menu button, and I downloaded Power Toggles for my shortcuts and Nova Launcher lets me move the dock icons (and I can have three docks by swiping in it.)

If that's what 4.2.2 has to offer, then technically I already have it. :p

Antitryptic

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
I can attest to the awesomeness of 4.2.2. It feels a lot smoother than 4.1.2 in many ways. The added quick settings are nice to have. There are also differences in camera quality; I'm not sure what HTC tweaked, but pictures (especially in low light) have improved by a small margin. Battery life has also improved slightly. I used to get about 12 hrs with 3 hrs screen time on a full charge without power saving on 4.1.2. Now I average about 16 hrs with 3 hrs screen time on a full charge without power saving on 4.2.2.

I heard that the 4.2.2 update is slowly going about in Europe and hopefully it will hit the States soon. I'm very glad that HTC's on it with updates this time around. Hopefully they keep it up with 4.3 and the future of our device. :)

KineticMD

Would-be Doc
Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
So is 4.2.2 going out to the international One now, with the U.S. versions to follow? I'd like to get this on my dev edition ASAP.

mcox1124

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I've been running the update for a couple of days now. Sadly there's no lock screen widgets functionality. Looks like HTC opt'd to exclude the feature. You can still use DashClock on your home screen though.

I tried Dashclock about a week ago when I installed Android Revolution HD 10.1 ROM, but the Dashclock notifications didn't work and I couldn't access any settings for the widget. I was only able to load Dashclock through WidgetLocker.

Did you manage to get it set up and able to change settings? I would love to use this Dashclock. Way better than Holo Locker.

amroa

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Cany anyone with 4.2.2 report on the "improved" Bluetooth functionality. The One barely works in my car where my iPhones never had trouble.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yusufdontk