HTC One global Use

madroamer

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi

some many posts but very confusing.

i want to buy a htc one sprint. can i use it globally incl GSM ? if so wat shud i do. i want to CDMA to. mostly i wil use it outside USA. ?

Shud the phone be rooted / flashed or unlock code from sprint ll do ?

StingDrop

May 3, 2012
Visit site
alot of people have reported that sprint htc one will not work on alot of networks since its cdma but it has gsm so if you wanna take a risk go for it i would reccomend a att or google play version to use outside usa

davidtm

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I have a Sprint One, and am currently using it in France. I had Sprint unlock it, though this comes with some limitations: only for international use, and only on a phone after 90 days of activation on Sprint. I purchased a French SIM card which worked once I was here. Others have devised some workarounds to the limitations which you can find elsewhere.

Posted via Android Central App on my One

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
alot of people have reported that sprint htc one will not work on alot of networks since its cdma but it has gsm so if you wanna take a risk go for it i would reccomend a att or google play version to use outside usa

It will work... It has the GSM radio in it so it working on a GSM network isn't the question on hardware...

The only catch is you have to have Sprint unlock it for International Carriers. If they do this you're fine. If you want it unlocked for domestic carriers though (T-mobile / AT&T) they will NOT do it for this.

Just FYI :).

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

StingDrop

May 3, 2012
Visit site
It will work... It has the GSM radio in it so it working on a GSM network isn't the question on hardware...

The only catch is you have to have Sprint unlock it for International Carriers. If they do this you're fine. If you want it unlocked for domestic carriers though (T-mobile / AT&T) they will NOT do it for this.
im aware of that but it has limitations....
Just FYI :).

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arlecchino