HTC One: hboot 1.56 s off after 4.4.2 ota

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Go here and download the stock rooted deodexed rom ...xda-developers - View Single Post - [RUU][Firmware]Sprint HTC One | 4.06.651.4 | Encrypted | Decrypted | Stock Rooted ROM

Now go here to sideload it onto your phone....[HOW TO] ADB Sideload/Push if you Wipe Internal Storage And have no ROM to Flash - xda-developers

It sounds like you already have TWRP recovery so you are good there. You are s-off so dont worry about your bootloader anymore. It doesnt matter if it says locked or unlocked because s-off removed all those flags. Ounce you get the rooted rom flashed go back to the thread and start the sim unlock process from the start and it should work

ghostryder12

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Go here and download the stock rooted deodexed rom ...xda-developers - View Single Post - [RUU][Firmware]Sprint HTC One | 4.06.651.4 | Encrypted | Decrypted | Stock Rooted ROM

Now go here to sideload it onto your phone....[HOW TO] ADB Sideload/Push if you Wipe Internal Storage And have no ROM to Flash - xda-developers

It sounds like you already have TWRP recovery so you are good there. You are s-off so dont worry about your bootloader anymore. It doesnt matter if it says locked or unlocked because s-off removed all those flags. Ounce you get the rooted rom flashed go back to the thread and start the sim unlock process from the start and it should work

Dude, thanks for jumping in with the assist. Like I said before, it's above my experience so far.
I was thinking if she could into hboot then she could get into recovery. then see what was left?
anyway, thanks

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
and if you have to push the rom to your phone with adb while in recovery, Put the rom in your fastboot/adb folder and type this. "adb remount" then "adb push "name of file" /sdcard" or this
"adb push "name of file" /data/media/0

Nirex123

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I have an unlocked rooted s- on HTC One m7 (sprint) showing no OS in bootloader screen. Twrp recovery mode is the only thing I can do, when I boot to the system it just hangs at the htc screen but briefly says at the top htc bugging connected. Can anyone help please and thank you. :'(

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I think I need to get a rom onto the sd card but the device is not being detected when it connects to the microusb
What do you mean by connects to the microusb ? when in twrp and under the mount tab Cache and Data should be the only 2 checked. While on the main menu screen and in your cmd prompt type adb devices and it come back saying something like this

Code:
C:\Users\Bill\Desktop\adb>adb devices
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
List of devices attached
FA38DS901678    recovery

And if it shows your device with the rom in the same folder with adb and fastboot type this

adb push "name of rom zip" data/media/0

Now your rom should be on the phone to flash

Beuford2VP

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
benny3
PLEASE HELP!! ... Do you know how to downgrade hboot 1.56 (M7 Sprint)?!?! ... I am s-off ...
I want to perfom the SIM UNLOCK but I am stuck on OS 4.4.2, so I need to downgrade to 1.55 or 1.54 ...

stepzzw

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
Hello ghostryder12/benny3,

I was attracted by the title of this post as this is what I want on my One M7 cause I want GPE to be installed.

I have latest OTA so my phone (Asia-HK-CHT, cidnum HTC__622) got 4.4.3, software version 6.13.708.1 and HBOOT 1.57.

Then I unloced bootloader via htcdev site and flahsed latest twrp 2.8.0.2 and superSU 1.65. All were fine at this stage until I really started s-off when either firewater or rumrunner gave all possible tries then failed. firewater opened 12 bottles and rumrunner poured 8 times but all failed.

What I did is to flash CM11 in recovery and boot.img in the zip file via fastboot, then reboot os system to change settings like debugging enabled, no screen security, wifi connected and etc...

I even tried to boot the recovery temporarily as this post explained (sorry no linkes allowed for newbie so I list the whole url) h t t p : / / androidforums . com / rezound-all-things-root / 587430-s-want-flash-roms-read . html but command does not auto reboot the recovery but it stucked there (have to manually turn off and on again). I read somewhere else saying the fastboot command changed since hboot 1.55 and every device could have a different variant to achieve same previous result. Don't know if it's true as I am not a programmer...

Do you have any clue that my help s-off on HBOOT 1.57? Many thanks!

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I dont think CM is supported, You need to be as close to stock as possible like a stock rooted rom. The link you have listed looks to be foe a Rezound. Dont flash anything from that thread

stepzzw

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for the reply. Will s-off work on stocked kernel? I've thought reason to flash a customized rom like CM11 before s-off process is to get an insecure kernel into device to allow s-off done smoothly.
I will try on the stocked rom then tonight when out of office.

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for the reply. Will s-off work on stocked kernel? I've thought reason to flash a customized rom like CM11 before s-off process is to get an insecure kernel into device to allow s-off done smoothly.
I will try on the stocked rom then tonight when out of office.

htc patched the kernel, so if you get the error message that firewater is blocked just flash a custom kernel and try again

stepzzw

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
Thanks benny3, I'm going to run firewater later today. Any suggestion on the kernel that can be used for flashing? Do I need to flash customized ROM matching this knernel as well? Cheers.

stepzzw

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
I've tried to restore stock rom (backup that I did after I install twrp 2.8) then flashed this ElementalX kernel for Sense version. I saw in software information kernel been changed to ElementalX but when I try to s-off with firewater still warn me the kernel is HTC protected... Rumrunner gave me 8 pouring then failed.

Should I use other rom to match this ElementalX kernel? Thanks.

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I've tried to restore stock rom (backup that I did after I install twrp 2.8) then flashed this ElementalX kernel for Sense version. I saw in software information kernel been changed to ElementalX but when I try to s-off with firewater still warn me the kernel is HTC protected... Rumrunner gave me 8 pouring then failed.

Should I use other rom to match this ElementalX kernel? Thanks.

Try a different kernel

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
try flashify app in play store it well download new twrp recovery for you install it
work good on my m8
Are you sure flashify downloads the correct recovery? I know TWRP Manager does but never knew flashify did. Good to know thanks. I see it will run the Loki patch to.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky