HTC One (M8): Anyone pick this up at the AT&T retail stores?

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
I went to the ATT Corp store after waiting in a long line to get this phone the guy looks up the crap and is like oh these don't come out until the 11th we just have them on display so i turn around a dude just bought one about an hour ago comes in taking about the reception isn't good so i turn to the guy helping me and ask how did he get one if you don't have them to sell yet? He says not sure even though the dude said i just purchased this here an hour ago, comes to find out dude is mad because i wanted to pay cost and not use the next plan umm thats nuts why would i pay monthly if i can buy it now we already have the same family share with 10gig of data so its not gonna help me. Dude then says well we can't sell you one then so i said thanks and walked out. Anyone else have this problem? I am going to just ordered the unlocked version from HTC instead of getting the ATT carrier one.

Last edited by a moderator:

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Re: Anyone pick this up at the ATT retail stores

I don't mean to sound like an *** but, dude have you read any of the release information? It was released for Verizon in the retail stores, Sprint and AT&T released it ONLINE only until the Global release on April 11th.

Posted via Android Central App

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site

I was told that I couldn't buy a Galaxy S5 for six months if I wanted to pay the no-commitment price. I haven't asked about the HTC One M8 yet.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

Just order it online and get free overnight. All the release news said it wouldn't be available in stores until the 11th. I don't see why you're trying to force something. Just order it online.

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site

Just order it online and get free overnight. All the release news said it wouldn't be available in stores until the 11th. I don't see why you're trying to force something. Just order it online.

I can't speak for Nokia4life, but I don't have the option to order online and pay the no-commitment price. I have one line that is upgrade eligible and one line that isn't and neither line can get the Galaxy S5 for the no-commitment price. I would assume the same thing would happen with the One M8.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site

You can look up the store inventories online when you look up the phone at the ATT site. I didnt see any in my area so they're shipping it to me to arrive early next week.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site

I think I read that Nokia tried to buy the M8, store said no, but another customer was sold an M8 an hour prior.

That person mightve ordered online or by phone and picked it up? Just order by phone and get overnight shipping. Would've saved you a long wait.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress