HTC One (M8): Mic on Snapchat Live Chat not working...

Trevor Laky

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
When I try to video chat with my friend on Snapchat I can hear and see them but they can only see me, they cannot hear me. I have restarted my phone and completely uninstalled the app and re-installed, still nothing. Note: This is when we are live chatting. My regular snaps work just fine.

Any ideas?

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I would contact Snapchat and let them know about the issue. It sounds like a comparability issue with the app and your phone.
Have you tried a wired headset? a bluetooth earbud?

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I remember something similar happening to my M7 (back when i was using an M7) and Skype. It was either a mic issue or it didnt see the front facing camera. IT was a bug on the software side and not actually a phone issue. It was labeled as a compatibility issue and eventually fixed.

It will be interesting to see if anyboy else uses snapchat and has an M8 that can chime in and see if they have the same issue.

mbryanr

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Wonder if Google voice is interfering? Set to "open on any screen"?

Posted via the Android Central App

Matt Price4

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I remember something similar happening to my M7 (back when i was using an M7) and Skype. It was either a mic issue or it didnt see the front facing camera. IT was a bug on the software side and not actually a phone issue. It was labeled as a compatibility issue and eventually fixed.

It will be interesting to see if anyboy else uses snapchat and has an M8 that can chime in and see if they have the same issue.

I'm having the same issue with my M8