HTC One M9 won't boot up. Stuck on 0 charging screen. Any help?

A

AC Question

HTC One M9 won't boot up. Stuck on 0% charging screen

I bought my HTC One M9 in the UK with Vodafone and I am currently on holiday in South Africa. A couple days ago I plugged it in after it had died and the usual battery charging screen came up on the phone saying 0% with the battery charging symbol. The problem is it will not charge and the phone will not boot up. I've tried the Power button/volume up button for 15 seconds to no avail. Any thoughts?

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: HTC One M9 won't boot up. Stuck on 0% charging screen

Use a different power source / power block / cable and if you are using a region adapter test it with something else that you know works.

PhillyGirl215

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
I had this happen to me and the only solution was to let the battery on my phone die completely and once it did (after like 13 hrs) I put it back on the charger and after waiting a couple mins for my phone to get some kind of charge, I was able to power it up and it started normally.
I soon learned that the problem that caused my phone to freeze was a malicious app I had downloaded. (I believe it was some kind of keyboard app, like iKeyboard I think) I recommend you take full advantage of that app called "Lookout Mobile Security" and do daily scans and make sure your settings are set so that its scan every app you download and even websites you are trying to visit and if will tell you if whatever is safe.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: HTC One M9 won't boot up. Stuck on 0% charging screen

I bought my HTC One M9 in the UK with Vodafone and I am currently on holiday in South Africa. A couple days ago I plugged it in after it had died and the usual battery charging screen came up on the phone saying 0% with the battery charging symbol. The problem is it will not charge and the phone will not boot up. I've tried the Power button/volume up button for 15 seconds to no avail. Any thoughts?

Make sure you are using the original AC charger from the phone, not a random USB port on PC, iPhone charger or else. When battery level drops below 20%, it will require much more power to start the charging process. Hence the need for original AC charger (1500ma). Other chargers that are not designed for this phone will max out at around 500ma.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali