HTC One: Turning off emergency alerts

BitchImFatJesus

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know how to take off or atleast silence the emergency alerts? I've looked for it in the settings and couldn't find it. It keeps going off during work.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Emergency Alert Alerts

If it is like my note 3, Go to the Messages app, and go to settings. You can disable all but presidential alerts

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site

In the App Drawer open Messages. Tap the three dots in the upper right hand corner, then on settings, and then on Emergency Alerts. Here is where you can disable Amber Alerts.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I asked this in the other thread but I'll ask again here:

I was going to post a poll but decided against it, but I'm just curious why you wouldn't want to get Amber alerts? Personally I don't pay enough attention to what people drive to be helpful. I still don't think I would want to turn them off, on the off chance I could be helpful? I guess the off off chance, but anyway... This has to be the 3rd post in a month I've seen about this and it's curious to me.

Do you not want to be involved, like me don't feel that you could be helpful, don't think it affects you, just feel that the alerts are annoying, or something completely different?

BitchImFatJesus

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site

I asked this in the other thread but I'll ask again here:

I don't mind them. I just wish the alert wouldn't go off because I'm usually in school or work, and it's really loud. I just wish I could lower the volume or something. I thought putting my phone completely silent would help, but it's still comes in loud.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

ram1220

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site

Personally I don't like the Amber alerts. There are way too many of them. And almost always it's a parent that has the child. They are so over used that I just don't pay attention to them anymore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hooded88