HTC One X vs. The Girlfriend

locote25

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Fellas,

As I've mentioned in other posts, I'm new to Android / HTC and I could use some help:

Bottom Line: Can everyone suggest apps that can hide information such as other girl contacts from my GF if she were to get a hold of my phone. I'm looking for solutions more than just security lock the phone.

For instance, is there an app that could "login" to the phone and display a different address book or should a different messaging list based on how I input my password? Any other app suggestions?

Overall, the HOX is awesome at merging all my information into one device, however, if this device got into the wrong hangs ... i.e. the GF... then some serious damage (literally) will happen to me lol

Dude get Vault.... You can hide contact, texts, call logs, photos and videos... Also you can hide the app itself.....

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Manrico11

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Hide it pro is the best app out there. It looks like a media player, unlike all the other apps that say what they are which if your lady sees them she will ask why you have them and then ask you to log in to it so she can see what you're hiding. And even if she finds out Hide It Pro is a app for hiding things. You can set up 2 passwords. 1 to view all your pics and info hidden and the other will always show all files and folders as empty. I've been using Hide It Pro for a couple years now and it's awesome.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Reactions: quicksilver53

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
you could try my solution: don't date. I don't even have the simplest of security measures on my phone, because I don't have to hide anything from anybody.

that said a friend of mine has had great success with 'playertools contact hider' when he wants to hide erm.. stuff... from his kids who play games on his phone.

People who say things like this are funny...and usually lonely....

HAXSO21

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Fellas,

As I've mentioned in other posts, I'm new to Android / HTC and I could use some help:

Bottom Line: Can everyone suggest apps that can hide information such as other girl contacts from my GF if she were to get a hold of my phone. I'm looking for solutions more than just security lock the phone.

For instance, is there an app that could "login" to the phone and display a different address book or should a different messaging list based on how I input my password? Any other app suggestions?

Overall, the HOX is awesome at merging all my information into one device, however, if this device got into the wrong hangs ... i.e. the GF... then some serious damage (literally) will happen to me lol

Wow dude.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Android Central Forums

DriverOneAF1

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
If you have female friends, it's best to let your girlfriend know that. If she's going to hurt you physically for having them, you have a real issue. Is the bedroom time really that great? Life is too short to have an abusive other. I was once slapped across the face by an ex for showing interest in drifting. It goes too far. She's not possessive, she's controlling, and you should delete HER from your contacts. HINT: Ask your other fem friends.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Don't hide anything. If you catch her going into your stuff then talk it out. Tell her to stay outta your stuff! That's what I would do. My girlfriend has full access to my phone. Pass codes and all. If she went through my texts I wouldn't care as I have nothing to hide and I have many girl's that are friends. As she has many male friends so its a two way street for us! If there is no trust them move along is what I say.

Whosurdaddy

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
holy damn, i've been married since 1990 (to a nice piece i might add) and have a gaggle of kids. Its been so long since i've even imagined "drifting" this is the best thread ever! Keep it coming so i can read the rest after I finish folding the laundry.......

DriverOneAF1

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
holy damn, i've been married since 1990 (to a nice piece i might add) and have a gaggle of kids. Its been so long since i've even imagined "drifting" this is the best thread ever! Keep it coming so i can read the rest after I finish folding the laundry.......

I meant the event in which cars slide sideways around corners...

Reactions: markhallyo

Whosurdaddy

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I meant the event in which cars slide sideways around corners...

OK thanks for the clarification, but doesn't matter - this is still a very funny thread.

DriverOneAF1 - drifting looks like fun, I'm a roadracer (Watkins Glen, VIR, Road America, Mid Ohio) and couldn't imagine spending the dough you guys do to replace rear rubber so frequently. Also, drift car set ups are craziness - wrong forum i guess

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Don't you know mobile technology is actually the greatest facilitator of relationships? Has been ever since the cell phone been created, heck even the telegram.

I thought alcohol was the number 1 facilitator of relationships.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

puffski

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
If you download Go Sms Pro there is an option to move your text convos to a private box that requires a four digit pin. It's not bad and go Sms pro is a very nice customizable app!

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums