HTC One - Zoes! Let's see the Highlights!

Russ Smith

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: HTC One - Zoes! Let's see them!

Now im curious.. I always thought the zoe was the 3.6 second video with the photos in it. Isnt the 30 second video called a highlight video? Not trolling at all here but just curious because thats what i have been seeing on the HTC facebook page with all the videos

P.S. back in the day i was a gymnast and could do some pretty cool moves so tomorrow i am going to take a ton of shots at my local trampoline park and will post them here! Got some cool moves to capture and i will also get some sequence shots and slow motion videos to capture as well!

Did you get any good action shots?

Sent from my awesome HTC One B-)

ksavaiano

May 8, 2012
Visit site

Did you get any good action shots?

Sadly no... I got a FEW but with the sequence shot feature i didnt really get much good shots because the people were always moving too fast! But for those who are interested here is my highlight video! Andybody know how to change the name at the end? I changed the filename and thought it would update but it did not

https://share.htc.com/pYfK1SyU3

Also i just realized that i was only in the video once! Lame! But i will upload the few action shots i took there as well as a few cool other ones

ksavaiano

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Here's a cool picture of my buddy doing a handstand, then there's two pictures of me flipping! 2nd was grabbed from a slow motion video so quality is low
Sent from my HTCONE using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1366651787293.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366651787293.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 55
  • uploadfromtaptalk1366651816854.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366651816854.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 53
  • uploadfromtaptalk1366651857651.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366651857651.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 53

ksavaiano

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I can definitely say though that the Slow motion feature is really cool to use! Have gotten some really cool shots with it! Sadly its not full quality but if you want anything slow motion, youve got to kill the quality to get a high fps so theres no way around that

gramamoose

May 14, 2011
Visit site

What's the best way for sharing highlights?
I've tried emailing some but they were stuck in format no mans land... Why can't they all just get a One!
I see YouTube videos you guys are sharing and have never loaded a video onto there. Is that easy?
I've taken a few of my sons football games and all the parents want to see them. So thanks from all of us for y'all's help!!!

dotB

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

Is there a built in upload for the highlights? I can't seem to find where to get the video and share it.

shief24

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site

I had no idea that we could do this. I thought zoe's were the seconds of video plus 20 pictures. Anyone mind explaining how to create the videos with soundtracks?

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site

I had no idea that we could do this. I thought zoe's were the seconds of video plus 20 pictures. Anyone mind explaining how to create the videos with soundtracks?

That is what a Zoe is. The "Highlight" function puts your Zoes and pictures in a 30 second video with the music and corresponding effects that HTC has provided.

Russ Smith

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site

It's automatic, they'll be at the top of a gallery folder by date or location.

dotB

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

Still trying to figure out how folks are getting the highlight reel to Youtube.

HunterKen7

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

Still trying to figure out how folks are getting the highlight reel to Youtube.

I'm guessing you save the video under the settings menu on the top right. Then upload using Youtube? EDIT: Looks like you can just directly share the highlight video to youtube.

WOW, This gallery is awesome! After using it for a few days, I notice that each day is its own "Event". At the end of the day, I can view the highlight video of my days events. You can long press on an event to merge or split the media to other events and also rename the event. This is going to AWESOME for vacations and special occasions!

BCinMD

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Here's my first attempt at a highlight - I think I needed some more pictures - there were was one Zoe vid and eight photos, so not really enough for a 30 sec highlight. Still, a very cool feature!

It occurs to me that there will be a market for add-on highlight themes. I mean the six that are included are nice, but I can see getting quickly tired of using the same themes.

I wonder how long it will take before we start seeing apps that enhance and interact directly with the HTC One gallery and Zoe?

Last edited:

HunterKen7

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

You can only have a maximum of 13 pieces of media per Highlight reel? It also looks like it randomly decides which media to include in the highlight even though you specifically chose 13 things. Its like it ignores your 13 choices and just chooses its own 13.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
delgerjargal