HTC Themes app

martheezz

Mar 17, 2018
Visit site
Hello. I have made an account here because this little detail is driving me crazy, I can't get over it like most people would and I can't figure out what to do by myself, please help :/

So, I'm using HTC 10, rooted, running Android 6.0.1. I love this phone but Themes app gets me annoyed...

From time to time there is this notification that appears and says: "Isn't it time for a new theme?" with some picture underneath. If I dismiss it it won't appear again for a long time but eventually it reappears.

As I have no intention of ever changing my current theme I wanted to put an end to the notification by blocking app's notifications through Settings>Applications, only to find that Themes app isn't even listed there as an installed app (System apps shown). I also couldn't find anything within the Themes app that would turn this off.

There's also this tool I used to disable software updates called "Disable Service" but there's no sign of Themes in there either.

Well, I think that's all.. please, enlighten me and thank you in advance.

Edit:
It is still early to tell, but signing out from Themes might do the trick..

Last edited:

diverecho

Sep 21, 2019
Visit site
Hi. I was also annoyed with these notifications "Isn't it time for a new theme?".
Enter "Settings, - then Apps, - then HTC Account, - then App Notifications, and turn off Notifications."
Hopefully this helps?