HTC virtual keyboard

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
ok cool I thought this one was updated or something. I love it much better than the stock keyboard.
though I find myself switching between input methods a lot because of the forced closes when using the hard keyboard

Dapke36

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
ok cool I thought this one was updated or something. I love it much better than the stock keyboard.
though I find myself switching between input methods a lot because of the forced closes when using the hard keyboard

Same problem with me, running the Ultimate Droid rom (thanks for the link in another post, btw...love this rom). Get a FC every time, so although I really like the keyboard, the lack of landscape or FC on hard keyboard killed it for me.

Hope this is fixed soon.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I might give this a try but since there is no landscape for it I wish there was a way to have specific keyboards depending on your phones orientation. I have a feeling they will get the landscape working soon though...... I hope haha

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I might give this a try but since there is no landscape for it I wish there was a way to have specific keyboards depending on your phones orientation. I have a feeling they will get the landscape working soon though...... I hope haha

ThirstyTurtle

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
The Physical keyboard still works fine for me, just make sure that within the settings for the HTC keyboard you don't have the auto-correct features for the physical keyboard turned off, otherwise it will FC all the time.

PS_I LOVE this keyboard!

Dapke36

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
The Physical keyboard still works fine for me, just make sure that within the settings for the HTC keyboard you don't have the auto-correct features for the physical keyboard turned off, otherwise it will FC all the time.

PS_I LOVE this keyboard!

Another thing one will want to do to avoid force closes:

When you are typing in portrait and switch to the Hard keyboard, if you didn't close/press the "keyboard down" button before you switched to the hard keyboard, you will get a ton of FC's. I noticed this happening to me (3 FC's in 2 words), when back to portrait, brought up the keyboard, and then hit "keyboard down". Went back to hard keyboard, no FC's in 2 text messages.

Looks like you just need to clear the keyboard cache or whatever before you use the physical.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
can anybody take a screenshot of what this looks like on the droid. i have looked everywhere but cant find any pics. i just want to see it before i even add it. thanks

ThirstyTurtle

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Also, the little blurb window that pops up with suggested words can be moved by long-pressing on it and dragging, really convenient, I like to move it to the top of the screen. The only problem is that it doesn't remember this position, so you'll have to move it each time you start to type in a window, but if you're typing anything very long, it's worth it to move it. not sure if the real HTC keyboard (native on HTC devices I mean) "remembers" this position or not.