Huawei help

Shalom79

Jul 27, 2023
Visit site
Hi,

Could do with some help.

Probably going to upgrade phone in next few months but have a lot of photos and vids in the Huawei cloud.

I have paid for extra storage which now I'm not sure I needed and have just taken out a new, smaller storage plan as its due to expire but upon paying, it is has only bumped it by a month whereas I wanted less storage, for longer at a cheaper price!! Am I stuck with a gold plan forever that I don't need?

If I cancel it will it delete all my stored photos? I think, unfortunately, the Huawei cloud is the only place some of my photos and videos are stored before I realised what was happening!

Ultimately, I would like to get them off the Huawei cloud and onto another cloud (Google maybe?), is this wise? If I get rid of this phone and get another brand, can I still access my Huawei cloud from a browser and see my photos there?

Any help appreciated, thank you.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Google's generative AI gave me this:
"To downgrade your Huawei Cloud storage, follow these steps:
  1. Go to Settings > Log in with HUAWEI ID > Cloud.
  2. Tap Upgrade cloud storage space.
  3. Tap the three-dot menu in the upper right corner.
  4. Tap Downgrade cloud storage space.
  5. Select the plan you wish to switch to.
  6. Complete the task as prompted.
Please note that you cannot downgrade your storage plan if you have any data that exceeds the storage limit of the new plan. In this case, you will need to delete some of your data before you can downgrade your plan.
Here are some additional things to keep in mind when downgrading your Huawei Cloud storage:
  • You will not be able to downgrade your plan if you have an active auto-renewal subscription. In this case, you will need to cancel your auto-renewal subscription before you can downgrade your plan.
  • If you downgrade your plan, you will not be able to restore any data that is deleted from your Huawei Cloud storage.
  • If you have any questions about downgrading your Huawei Cloud storage, you can contact Huawei customer support for assistance."
It was actually difficult to find anything on Huawei's site about downgrading the storage, so I can't be entirely sure about the part that says that you'd have to delete any data that exceeds the storage limit of the new plan.

Here's the main Huawei help site: https://consumer.huawei.com/en/support/content/en-us00724104/

Google Drive /Google Photos is always a good choice. You can access it from any device, even a non-Android one (like an iPhone, Mac, or Windows PC). I'm not sure how the prices compare with Huawei for anything above the free 15 GB, but I'm betting it's pretty competitive.

Reactions: Laura Knotek