Huawei P10 Plus no longer letting me enter data in fields

Ian1970

Aug 12, 2018
Visit site
Hi - My Huawei P10 Plus has recently stopped allowing me to enter data in pre-defined fields when using the web.
It also no longer allows me to add text to a search line (eg if I enter "Small book" in the google search field it is fine but if I then click between Small and Book to add Black for example, nothing happens - the keys highlight so the phone knows they have been pressed but nothing comes up on the screen).
This means that I couldn't register for this site on my phone as it has pre-defined fields you need to complete and if I want to add a word to a search I have to go back to the first screen and re-enter the whole text rather than just inserting the word I want to add!
This all started happening after the last phone software update but I don't know if they are connected. It looks like the software update has changed a setting somewhere but I have no idea where!
Any help gratefully received.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Does this only happen when using the browser, and if so, which browser do you have? Does it happen with a different browser?

Ian1970

Aug 12, 2018
Visit site
Hi - didn't even think of this.
Using Google causes the problem. Just tried yahoo and it works fine. Any idea how I get Google to work?
Thanks for your help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is your Chrome app up to date? If not, make sure it's updated. If it is up to date, though, see what happens if you uninstall the updates (if possible -- this is can only be done if Chrome was preinstalled on the phone). I'm wondering if the problem is due to an Android System Webview issue (which is handled by the Chrome app in devices running Nougat and above). Chrome updates may include important Android System Webview updates as well; however, sometimes those updates cause issues with specific phones, which is why I also suggest uninstalling updates as a test.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaylebarts7