Huawei P20 mate pro camera resolutions gone.

paulsturbo

Aug 5, 2020
Visit site
Hi all,
After the last emui update the option in camera settings to change resolutions has gone, it's still there on video but not still photos.
Anyone know how to fix this please.

Rico4you

Q&A Team
Mar 4, 2017
Visit site
Hi all,
After the last emui update the option in camera settings to change resolutions has gone, it's still there on video but not still photos.
Anyone know how to fix this please.
Could Try...APK mirror and search for HUAWEI Camera APK and revert to older version.

paulsturbo

Aug 5, 2020
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, but you might as well of said that in another language as I wouldn't have a clue about how to go about doing that.

alex2l

Official Huawei Representative
Jun 2, 2020
Visit site
Thanks for sharing your question. In EMUI 10.1, the camera settings have been optimised so the option for selecting a resolution has been removed for normal shooting modes. Instead, you can select 4:3, 1:1 or full screen as the aspect ratio - there is no need to distinguish the resolutions of the same aspect ratio by using the specific resolution value. For Pro mode, there is a switch for enabling a specific resolution (in megapixels). To set the highest resolution, touch ‘more’ in the lower right corner of the camera screen, then select ‘high-res’. Hope that helps!

paulsturbo

Aug 5, 2020
Visit site
Mmm, OK. Thanks for the reply.
I'd still prefer to be able to set my own megapixel settings.
Sometimes I want to photo something to post on a forum which doesn't allow high megapixel photos, and then sometimes I'm going to want maximum resolution.
Don't really understand why it would get removed to be honest.