Huge battery drain fix post ICS

odellbp

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Prior to upgrading to ICS there was a CDMA (3g) only option. Now there is the CDMA/LTE option or global. Anyway to just run CDMA again?

Praggles

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Get thunderbolt app LTE on off follow instructions carefully to use...works well every time...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

tlacour

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
If you've had 3 different RAZRs (MAXXs I assume) and you are charging your phone 3 times a day, you are doing something to cause this.. You MUST be. Even if you're only doing only light e-mailing and texting, you must have something installed that is draining battery in the background. Weather apps? Games that poll servers for updates regularly? Live in an area with very poor coverage (beyond your control)? Screen brightness way too high?

There has to be a reason why three of your phones are doing the exact same thing.

Post a screenshot or a few, and show us what Android says is draining your battery.

I would tend to agree. I was noticing that I had random spikes in battery drain and couldn't figure it out. Did a factory reset and noticed that it loaded a pile of apps that I don't currently use. I disabled the feature that automatically downloads apps from marketplace when you reset. Did another factory reset, then loaded the apps I actually want one at a time. this significantly improved my battery life.

I am not someone who tries to make my phone last days on a charge. I leave the brightness all the way up, all kinds of widgets and animations, make no effort to conserve. I plug the phone in at night while I sleep as well as when driving to and from work (breaking myself from text-driving). Just after ICS I noticed the charge would drop down to 40% near bed time. Now it hasn't dropped past 70% in weeks.

T

Reactions: bradenfontaine

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
If you've had 3 different RAZRs (MAXXs I assume) and you are charging your phone 3 times a day, you are doing something to cause this.. You MUST be. Even if you're only doing only light e-mailing and texting, you must have something installed that is draining battery in the background. Weather apps? Games that poll servers for updates regularly? Live in an area with very poor coverage (beyond your control)? Screen brightness way too high?

There has to be a reason why three of your phones are doing the exact same thing.

Post a screenshot or a few, and show us what Android says is draining your battery.

Agreed

18 Hours and 38 Minutes on battery with an hour of talk time and... well see the screen shot... Mostly Wi-Fi but a bit of 4G. Still, that screen time is a battery hog yet I was only down to 30%. Screen is set to auto brightness.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: carracerz14

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chariesdevil