I accidentally wiped everything, including the OS

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a lenovo k6, was trying to install LineageOS, now I can't even get to the TWRP screen, when I press volume up+power it just stays in the android initial loading screen, is there anything I can do to fix it?

Also when I connect the usb, nothing appears in my PC.

I'm really desperate, I booted my device to fastboot but when i connect an usb cable, nothing happens, i cant enable USB debugging in the phone settings because there's no OS in my phone, i cant boot to TWRP because when i press volume up+power, it doesn't go to the TWRP screen, it keeps going to the initial android loading screen, i don't know what to do anymore

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Which TWRP version did you try flashing? Does TWRP even support your model? Looking at its site there isn't a listing for Lenovo K6:
https://twrp.me/Devices/Lenovo/
Also, with ROM where you flashing? Does Lineage OS support your model? Not seeing Lenovo K6 on its site neither:
https://download.lineageos.org/
If you were attempting to flash a Recovery or a ROM that didn't specifically match your model, that's the problem. They're both model-specific and neither are interchangeable. Both are created to match the specific hardware configuration of their device, and the issue behind that is every phone model has its own unique set of hardware components inside. A ROM for a different model is made up of different software, firmware, and drivers. They directly correspond with the model they're intended for, but install an incorrect ROM and then that pairing of software and hardware is mismatched.

You need to obtain the correct, matching, Lenovo stock ROM, and flash that onto your phone in order to restore it back into working condition.
As far as using custom firmware, if your phone model isn't supported by third-party developers you need to just accept that you need to keep using the stock firmware. Or get past the necessary learning curve required to compile your own Android firmware.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38