I added wireless charging to my V20

Brjlk

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
I already have 2 wireless charging pads which I used for my retired Galaxy Note 2.
I just needed to fit a type C wireless receiver to the phone, and that's it.
I never had to plug in the USB port since that & the battery is always fully charged. Very nice.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
how did you do it with a metal back?
The wireless receiver attaches to the back of the phone on the outside and then it plugs into the USB-C port. Most people use cases so you never see the wireless receiver stuck to the outside of the phone.

If you don't need to fast charge and don't need access to the USB-C port regularly it can be a reasonable solution.

Tex_Norseman

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
The wireless receiver attaches to the back of the phone on the outside and then it plugs into the USB-C port. Most people use cases so you never see the wireless receiver stuck to the outside of the phone.

If you don't need to fast charge and don't need access to the USB-C port regularly it can be a reasonable solution.
Ah I have a skin on the back of my phone so that won't work....

Brjlk

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
how did you do it with a metal back?

Wireless charging is a problem if there is a metal BETWEEN the wireless receiver & the charging mat. But if you place the wireless receiver sticker OUTSIDE the phone's back, i.e between the phone's back and your back case (not necessary for wireless charging, it just protects your phone & wireless receiver), there is no problem at all.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I already have 2 wireless charging pads which I used for my retired Galaxy Note 2.
I just needed to fit a type C wireless receiver to the phone, and that's it.
I never had to plug in the USB port since that & the battery is always fully charged. Very nice.

Awesome Stuff Brjlk! I think i may just do this with my older devices haha. #BringWirelessTo3310 lol :D

I know that you can do a similar thing with the Apple iPhones. You have to plug in the 'Wireless Charger' into the Lightning connector and then it sticks to the back of the phone. If you have a case that has a little room its perfect! More people should do this. It seems pretty safe and quite easy to accomplish. Obviously the charging port is always being used now but thats minor :)

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Awesome Stuff Brjlk! I think i may just do this with my older devices haha. #BringWirelessTo3310 lol :D

I know that you can do a similar thing with the Apple iPhones. You have to plug in the 'Wireless Charger' into the Lightning connector and then it sticks to the back of the phone. If you have a case that has a little room its perfect! More people should do this. It seems pretty safe and quite easy to accomplish. Obviously the charging port is always being used now but thats minor :)

Its not minor if you like fast charging, however you can always unplug the receiver if that works.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
A great idea is to install a skin wrap over it and it'll hide the receiver a little bit. This is actually very cool. However, I prefer plugging it in to charge or using an external charger. Wireless charging can cause stress to the batteries and lower battery longevity.

Brjlk

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
A great idea is to install a skin wrap over it and it'll hide the receiver a little bit. This is actually very cool. However, I prefer plugging it in to charge or using an external charger. Wireless charging can cause stress to the batteries and lower battery longevity.
I read that slow charging is better for the lifetime of the battery. It is heat in wireless charging that deteriorates the battery. My wireless charging receiver stays amazingly cool during charging, contrary to several other receivers I previously used.
Also if I have an AC source at hand, I will drop the Phone on the charging pad when not in use. So the battery level never drops too low, which is bad for it's durability.

Well, I ''read''. Don't know how true is what read.

jdg31

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Do you think it would be possible to put one of these on the inside of a folio case?

I have minor OCD, and having the QI pad hanging out on the back of my phone is not an attractive proposition.

Cheers,

John

I have CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are in the correct alphabetical order, as they should be.

Brjlk

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
Do you think it would be possible to put one of these on the inside of a folio case?

I have minor OCD, and having the QI pad hanging out on the back of my phone is not an attractive proposition.

Cheers,

John

I have CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are in the correct alphabetical order, as they should be.

What does OCD stand for? Is a folio case one which opens like a book.

Normally it will work. That what I did on my V20.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
batni