I am as happy as can be with T-Mobile instead of Verizon.

nickdaman

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
I just left t-mobile after 4 year since Verizon is finally getting competitive on single cell phone lines with better coverage. After everything on Sunday with Verizon device trade in and costco cash cards I ended up after everything with a brand new Note 9 for $500 and saving 10 dollars a month that t-mobile was charging me since I was never using a whole lot of my unlimited data and was having to use wifi calling more than macro.

thecaddyman

Aug 12, 2017
Visit site
I just left t-mobile after 4 year since Verizon is finally getting competitive on single cell phone lines with better coverage. After everything on Sunday with Verizon device trade in and costco cash cards I ended up after everything with a brand new Note 9 for $500 and saving 10 dollars a month that t-mobile was charging me since I was never using a whole lot of my unlimited data and was having to use wifi calling more than macro.

A friend gave me his TMobile s8 active and it's working great. Getting coverage that rivals my other lines. I think I'm going to TMobile again with bringing in all my lines

Last edited:

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Everything is relative to where you live and travel... low cost is great but when you don't receive a signal, the cell phone is near worthless when you really need it. Out West and in the rural areas, I've had great success with Verizon while ATT and TMobile have both struggled for a signal. Along the major highways and town corridors, both of the GSM do fairly well. Get off the beaten paths and they as mentioned struggle.

Last edited:

Rodney Willis

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
Just switched to tmobile from Verizon myself. I bought a note 9 from Samsung and traded my note 8 for discount. I want to see how the coverage is before I switch all my lines from Verizon

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Just switched to tmobile from Verizon myself. I bought a note 9 from Samsung and traded my note 8 for discount. I want to see how the coverage is before I switch all my lines from Verizon

That's a good idea. Here in my area, T-Mobile has gotten so slow during peak usage times that I've kept my AT&T line open just because I get amazing speeds where T-Mobile is only now giving me 1Mbps, usually between 5pm to 11pm.

I really hope T-Mobile is doing something to improve this.

I tried Verizon in December and cancelled the line after a few weeks. Service was generally good but I hated that when I switched my sim from my Android phone to my iPhone, I had to go to the website to re-add my iPhone to get visual voicemail working again.

I don't have that problem on AT&T and I switch between phones a lot.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I just signed up with the 55 plus plan. I was with Verizon prepaid for many a year. Coverage was definitely better on Verizon. Several dead zones where Verizon was fine. May have to port back. :(

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Glad that T-Mobile is working for you. As much as I travel, though, it wouldn't be a good fit for me.

No way I'd be able to hang on 10 gigs of data a month. Just.No.Way. I ran off Sprint Unlimited for years until I had to close my account due to extended illness. There were definitely some areas I had zero service, especially out west. I've been off work approaching two years due being unable to work, with no income. It's been brutal. My kids have joined together to help pull me through, my oldest daughter works for AT&T, and is carrying me on her plan, at minimal cost. One day, I'll get well enough to work again, and split off on my own account again, but $35.00 a month is better than a stick in the eye.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter