I am as happy as can be with T-Mobile instead of Verizon.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Well 1 year ago I took 1 of my Verizon lines, and put it on T-mobile to compare. I carried 2 phones everywhere and found that not only was T-mobile just as good 60% of the time, but I actually got better and faster reception than Verizon 40% . So when T-mobile offered the 55plus plan, my wife opened an account with my daughter, and I opened an account with my phone on 1 line, and my tablet on another. The total cost of my bill with verizon was 245.00 month. That's unlimited talk, text, and 10 gigs data. My new bill with T-mobile, 120.00 month, all unlimited, and all inclusive. So I'm saving 1500.00 per year. I'm loving it. Very very very happy. See ya verizon.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
It depends where you live and travel. VZW has much better reception in northern suburbs of Boston where I live. I have never had the kind of speed some people speak of. With great reception I think Tmobile may be faster.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
It depends where you live and travel. VZW has much better reception in northern suburbs of Boston where I live. I have never had the kind of speed some people speak of. With great reception I think Tmobile may be faster.

I'm in New Hampshire. I've had a much better experience with T-mobile. Even in Maine. Especially now that the 600mhz system is up and running in parts of Maine. I've got the new lg v30. Coupled with T-mobile. Awsume pair.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Good for you! Always great to save money on the phone bill.

I compared Verizon to T-mobile for a few months last fall/winter because I wanted unlimited data and a smaller phone bill, unfortunately for me they have poor coverage in my neck of the woods. I'm in North Western Minnesota, spend a lot of time in North Dakota and travel to St Paul regularly as well. Coverage is great along I 94 but many places I went the T-mobile phone was searching for signal or roaming off AT&T. Very rarely did the T-mobile phone have a faster data connection as well.

But hey, then Verizon decided to offer unlimited data for less than what I was already paying them so I moved my number back to their network. Actually with Verizon and T-mobile raising prices this year, changing my plan or porting to T-mobile would cost me more than I pay now.

I've got 8 lines unlimited everything for $260/month.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Gotta go with what works for you. I'm paying less on Verizon then I was on T-Mobile before so hard for me to really complain. Our situations are different though.. you have 4 lines and I have 9.

thecaddyman

Aug 12, 2017
Visit site
I'm in New Hampshire. I've had a much better experience with T-mobile. Even in Maine. Especially now that the 600mhz system is up and running in parts of Maine. I've got the new lg v30. Coupled with T-mobile. Awsume pair.

Where they have 600 have you noticed a big coverage difference? Or was it more like on one tower and then they called it a day and considered the area covered?

I agree, it seems like T-Mobile just keeps getting better

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Where they have 600 have you noticed a big coverage difference? Or was it more like on one tower and then they called it a day and considered the area covered?

I agree, it seems like T-Mobile just keeps getting better

Big difference. Covered quite a large area. Stronger, faster especially noticeable in metal buildings. By next year it'll be fantastic.

Dutch R

Aug 29, 2015
Visit site
13 year T-Mobile customer, made switch from Verizon. I have spent much if the last 13 years basking in the glory that is good customer service and a hassle free experience. :)

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I agree T-mobile has gotten better.
A few years ago, I would not have thought I would be on T-mobile.
But VZW just wasn't working as well they lowered my home area to a " marginal area " They used to be great in my home area.

First, I moved a line to AT&T and was a little better,for but was restricted on their plans due to not having branded devices

Then a year ago ,I moved one line over to T-mobile to test out more ,,and recently moved over my second line last week
So far so good, better signal,faster speeds,half the cost. :D

I do go on a road trips, that T-mobile struggled in places, but the same had been true for VZW and AT&T

I go to the carrier that I get more bang for the money, better signal ,etc.,,right now its T-mobile ruling my home area.
Hopefully they continue to improve in those struggling areas as well ,time will tell :)

johnmcc0710

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I tried T-MOBILE and they were terrible. the worst customer service I have ever had.i went back to Verizon and could not be happier. Never again TMO

thecaddyman

Aug 12, 2017
Visit site
For some TMobile doesn't work. the good thing about TMobile though is they seem to be getting better at a steady pace.

down the road they may be an option even though they aren't now.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
can anyone chime in on T-Mobile in Phoenix. I travel throughout the entire Valley, and for some reason Verizon is giving me fits with reception.

anon(123856)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I just switched over to T Mo from Verizon but the jury is still out. Coverage seems to be somewhat lacking in my area but data speeds are quite good compared to Verizon.

Because I'm on prepaid and use an unlocked phone it's easy to switch and doesn't cost me anything to change carriers.

I'll see how I feel when I need to refill my account.

James Rogers2

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
I just switched from Verizon to T-Mobile a month ago and I'm very happy with T-Mobile prices. But the coverage isn't quite as good as Verizon. I drive alot for work and I travel to some very rural areas and I noticed with T-Mobile I lose service much more then what I did with Verizon.

anon(123856)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I just switched from Verizon to T-Mobile a month ago and I'm very happy with T-Mobile prices. But the coverage isn't quite as good as Verizon. I drive alot for work and I travel to some very rural areas and I noticed with T-Mobile I lose service much more then what I did with Verizon.
So far I'm happy with everything about T Mo except the coverage. Data speeds are good, I have WiFi calling, a better data plan and pretty good customer service. I'm trying not to over react and just use it and see what happens.