I am returning my Moto X Pure Edition

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: Advanced calling issues- verizon

I finally received my code to order a replacement. And the code is invalid.

Motorola's customer service sucks.

Have you tried posting about all the junk you went though on the Moto support forums? That was the only way I got my Advanced Exchange sorted out and it seems people have pretty good luck with them. I am almost positive the few agents that are on the Moto forums are the only US based customer service Moto has. Using any other method of contacting Moto, short of using the BBB, is pretty much a waste of time.

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jan 4, 2015
Visit site

I finally received my code to order a replacement. And the code is invalid.

Motorola's customer service sucks.
Motorola's service is usually very good. Try calling them and ask for a supervisor. I got a replacement recently but mine wasn't moto maker, so it was super fast.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site

Have you tried posting about all the junk you went though on the Moto support forums? That was the only way I got my Advanced Exchange sorted out and it seems people have pretty good luck with them. I am almost positive the few agents that are on the Moto forums are the only US based customer service Moto has. Using any other method of contacting Moto, short of using the BBB, is pretty much a waste of time.
Oh, yes. I blasted it to their Twitter account and have someone "personally" trying to "help." Even with that help, they have still been incompetent.

AustinTech

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I returned mine today. It is an awesome phone and a tough decision, but I'm going to give the Nexus 6p a chance. If I don't like it I'll return it to Google and reorder the MXPE. I feel like the 6p might be an absolutely awesome device if the camera and front facing speakers are good. We'll have to see!

Posted via the Android Central App

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site

Oh, yes. I blasted it to their Twitter account and have someone "personally" trying to "help." Even with that help, they have still been incompetent.

Their US support, which I assume is like Twitter and the Moto forums, seems to be fairly competent from what I have seen on the Moto forums but considering how much of a joke Moto support is 99% of the time with their non US agents I don't find it surprising you are still having issues. I suppose you could go file a complaint with the BBB and that should get them hopping. The BBB is my default customer service for a few companies that won't do anything otherwise.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site

Their US support, which I assume is like Twitter and the Moto forums, seems to be fairly competent from what I have seen on the Moto forums but considering how much of a joke Moto support is 99% of the time with their non US agents I don't find it surprising you are still having issues. I suppose you could go file a complaint with the BBB and that should get them hopping. The BBB is my default customer service for a few companies that won't do anything otherwise.

It would seem that their US support is based in the Philippines. And it would seem there is an extreme amount of disconnect between the parties involved with their various facets of their organization.

anon(883913)

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site

Make sure you check with them after they get the device and that they take the hold off of your card. I did an advanced exchange on my Moto X (1st gen) for warranty problems and because the original one was delayed (Motorola's fault), they didn't get the device in time (cheap prepaid shipping so Moto's fault again), I got an email saying I never returned my phone (even though the FedEx tracking had it as delivered that day) and that my card was being charged. After dealing with the broken english of the rep on the phone, they said they would refund my card on my NEXT billing cycle (something that I had to eventually fight with them again because it didn't get refunded for 6 months!).

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site

Finally got the replacement ordered. I had to pay for the bamboo back which I was assured would be refunded to me upon receipt of the original.

Again.....not holding my breath on their competency with that one.

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jan 4, 2015
Visit site

Finally got the replacement ordered. I had to pay for the bamboo back which I was assured would be refunded to me upon receipt of the original.

Again.....not holding my breath on their competency with that one.
I am sure that you'll be very happy with your replacement. moto x pure is very solid overall.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site

I am sure that you'll be very happy with your replacement. moto x pure is very solid overall.

I've purchased a total of eight of them since they came out for my entire family and myself. This is the only one that ever had a problem. And I get that it's possible and the odds caught up to me. It's the oddly incompetent customer service that has been the issue.

robtani

May 25, 2011
Visit site

I'm part of this club too now. Tried the Moto X Pure for a good 10 days and really really wanted to keep it but at the end, it's just too damn heavy and large. So wish they had created a 5.2in version of this. Shame on Moto for trying to force everyone into phablets. Sadly returned it today :(

isdaako

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site

I've purchased a total of eight of them since they came out for my entire family and myself. This is the only one that ever had a problem. And I get that it's possible and the odds caught up to me. It's the oddly incompetent customer service that has been the issue.

I've had to make calls for customer service with past Moto phones as well as this XPE, it's never been good. I have had better results with them once the call load after the release of a new phone has abated.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site

I'm part of this club too now. Tried the Moto X Pure for a good 10 days and really really wanted to keep it but at the end, it's just too damn heavy and large. So wish they had created a 5.2in version of this. Shame on Moto for trying to force everyone into phablets. Sadly returned it today :(

This idea was hardly Moto's invention. Data tend to show that larger phones are popular at the higher end. Even Apple crumbled.

Why is no SD card a deal breaker?

There are a LOT of hotly debated threads on this.
Here's just one long one.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ll-note-5-have-removable-battery-storage.html

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

The market dictated larger phones.

MartinMPL

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site

This, I've just arranged to exchange at Carphone Warehouse on Monday for the Nexus 5x.

I really wanted to like the Moto (I do like it) but it seems too bulky for the width and one handed use is a pain. I also loved the original Nexus 5 so think I will be happy with the new one.

Anyway 3 more days with the Moto. I may change my mind...

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Hah! I was opposite, since got an RMA from Moto, reset the device and boxed it up to send back. Went back to my Note 4 and tried other device as well, but missed the experience using the very good stereo speakers and preferred the colors of the MXPE display. Got the MXPE back out of the box and started from scratch again. If size is the issue though, I completely get why some folks prefer devices more suited for one hand use.

IMO the MXPE though is the best overall multimedia device available :) Boxing it up for a few days made me appreciate it and went back to it.

MartinMPL

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
Hah! I was opposite, since got an RMA from Moto, reset the device and boxed it up to send back. Went back to my Note 4 and tried other device as well, but missed the experience using the very good stereo speakers and preferred the colors of the MXPE display. Got the MXPE back out of the box and started from scratch again. If size is the issue though, I completely get why some folks prefer devices more suited for one hand use.

IMO the MXPE though is the best overall multimedia device available :) Boxing it up for a few days made me appreciate it and went back to it.

Can totally understand your point. Speakers and screen are top notch on the Moto. However this isn't priority for me on a phone since I do most of my games and movies on a Galaxy Tab S 10.1. If I play music on my phone it is normally with ear phones anyway.

I want stock experience which is mainly used for calls, emails, browsing, social and the odd casual game.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I sent mine back, it was received and signed for on the 25th of September. On the 28th I got an email saying we received your device. On Oct 12th, I was given a credit of 26.00. It is now Oct 16th and still no full refund. I've contacted them via chat 8 times, and phone 6 times. Will see what happens on Monday. Now I know why people would rather sell there device on Swappa, even within their 14 day return policy.

MartinMPL

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
Carphone Warehouse in the UK are great, I already have the £50 refund of difference (Nexus 5x is £349 Moto is £399) and I haven't swapped the phones back yet.

amosrock

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Returning my Moto X Pure

Thank you to everyone who helped me out with trying to figure out the frustrations I was having. I've decided I'm going back to my iPhone 6+ (at least for another year).

My phone and my wife's phone are still having issues with being booted off of WiFi. I also can't play one of my favorite games unless I'm on WiFi. The moto voice is terrible...I didn't think that would bother me as much as it does but I use Siri a lot so I guess its a pretty important feature for me. And I just can't get past the bad battery life. No matter what I do I can't get my phone to last past maybe 6pm. My iPhone will last me until at least 11pm usually with no problem.

There are things I have really liked about this phone and I may end up looking at the next generation version. But I think for now it's just not going to work :(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000