I am trading in my V30 with Jump!

Will In SF

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I have decided to check out the dark side...I am getting the Product Red 128 gig iPhone XR...My V30 has been flawless, but I am a bit bored with Android. I still have my trusty LG V20 with extra batteries and it is a bulletproof phone. Verizon has kept the V20 updated... I have received the Oreo update and the October security patch. I can also use my V20 for wired sound. I checked out the iPhone XR and it felt so luxurious in the hand felt so new! If after 14 days I don't like it I can always get the V40. Excited to see how it goes!

jmfixitman

Oct 4, 2018
Visit site
I have decided to check out the dark side...I am getting the Product Red 128 gig iPhone XR...My V30 has been flawless, but I am a bit bored with Android. I still have my trusty LG V20 with extra batteries and it is a bulletproof phone. Verizon has kept the V20 updated... I have received the Oreo update and the October security patch. I can also use my V20 for wired sound. I checked out the iPhone XR and it felt so luxurious in the hand felt so new! If after 14 days I don't like it I can always get the V40. Excited to see how it goes!
You will hate the iPhone after a few weeks... I did! And they are noticable slower on the cellular network than Android. I did a side by side speedtest.net with my wife's iPhone and it had nearly half the speed!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
iPhones are awesome phones, no matter what. I'm sure you'll like it, but if you're like me, you'll feel that the smooth feel quickly becomes overpowered by the lack of personalization and control YOU have over the phone. But hey, that's why JUMP! OD is so awesome! ;)

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
You will hate the iPhone after a few weeks... I did! And they are noticable slower on the cellular network than Android. I did a side by side speedtest.net with my wife's iPhone and it had nearly half the speed!

She have an old iPhone? May be missing some radios.

My iPhone XS Max gets the same speeds my Pixel 2 XL did at my desk when at work without a hiccup. So not sure what you're seeing.

jmfixitman

Oct 4, 2018
Visit site
She have an old iPhone? May be missing some radios.

My iPhone XS Max gets the same speeds my Pixel 2 XL did at my desk when at work without a hiccup. So not sure what you're seeing.
She has the 7 plus and my son's the 6. All of them showed the same lack of network speed. I had mine for two weeks and returned it. Could be Apple's ploy of slowing the older models...

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
She has the 7 plus and my son's the 6. All of them showed the same lack of network speed. I had mine for two weeks and returned it. Could be Apple's ploy of slowing the older models...

Doubtful. Not sure why you are seeing it but I don't see a difference with network compared to Android VS iPhone.

Will In SF

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
We'll see how it goes. I can take it back if I can't deal with it. I have gotten used to using my V30 without the app drawer anyway and use folders. I found a few tricks online to getting all the icons where i want them on the iPhone home screen. Many of the apps I use on Android are available in iOS as well. I do know there are no home screen widgets, but that is not a huge deal to me. It will be a fun experiment!

jmfixitman

Oct 4, 2018
Visit site
We'll see how it goes. I can take it back if I can't deal with it. I have gotten used to using my V30 without the app drawer anyway and use folders. I found a few tricks online to getting all the icons where i want them on the iPhone home screen. Many of the apps I use on Android are available in iOS as well. I do know there are no home screen widgets, but that is not a huge deal to me. It will be a fun experiment!
Let us know how it goes, or how long the experiment lasts... ;)

Will In SF

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
So far I am enjoying my new iPhone XR. The first thing that stands out is the battery life. it has been amazing...even better that I dare say my trusty V30. Although the XR does not have the wide angle camera (I do miss that) the photos are superb and the time it takes a photo is instantaneous. There has been a bit of learning curve, but so far so good. I still have my old LG V20 as a back-up.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
So far I am enjoying my new iPhone XR. The first thing that stands out is the battery life. it has been amazing...even better that I dare say my trusty V30. Although the XR does not have the wide angle camera (I do miss that) the photos are superb and the time it takes a photo is instantaneous. There has been a bit of learning curve, but so far so good. I still have my old LG V20 as a back-up.

So glad you are loving your new iPhone XR! I'm sure you will figure out all the little things soon! Switching platforms (even switching back to a former platform) takes a little bit of adjustment time.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

If you're board with android, you're going to fall asleep with iOS. Remember, you can customize any part of your phone or OS with android. With iOS, Apple tells you what's what. I know. Have had both. And giving up the V 30 for iPhone? Huge mistake especially if you're a music lover.

Will In SF

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
So far not a mistake at all! I am thoroughly enjoying the XR. Although I enjoyed the wide angle camera on the V30, this camera is amazing. Plus the phone is a battery champ! I'm not one to get into the iOS vs Android conversations. Both have their pluses and minuses and I've decided to try Apple's walled garden. So far I'm enjoying figuring how to get the most out of the phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174