I cannot access my phone after system upgrade, why?

A

AC Question

I cannot access my phone after system upgrade

I have a galaxy note 5

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: I cannot access my phone after system upgrade

Hi, welcome to the forums! Could you give us more details about your problem? What happens when you try to power the phone on? Is it in a bootloop, does it get unresponsive after some time, do you get any kind of error?

char3g

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site

I cannot access my Note5 on my pc. The pc does not see it. Win 10. No cord issue. Reinstalled drivers. Help! Samsung support has waisted 5 of my hours plus no follow through.

Posted via the Android Central App

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
After you plug the phone into your PC and pull down the notification bar do you see a notification saying "Connected as a media device"? If so click that and select MTP and then you should be able to access your file using your PC.

char3g

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site

Other pc's do not see it and I cannot access MTP and no where does it allow me to connect as a media device.

char3g

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site

Also, my phone boots up appropriately and I have not received any error notifications

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you using the original USB cable? Have you tried other cables? If multiple cables don't work, then the problem might lie with the microUSB port of the phone.

char3g

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site

I have used other cables. If it is a problem w.my USB port, how do I fix that?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It depends. If there's debris in the port, use a can of compressed air to blow it out. But if the pin itself is damaged, you'd probably have to get it replaced (by either a repair shop, or by Samsung if the phone is still under warranty).