I can't register my phone on Samsung Apps and Samsung Account won't sync.

OldPhoneUser

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
I just started using a Galaxy Ace (GT-S5830i) a few days ago. I created a Samsung Apps account but I can't download and send apps to my phone, because it says on the website that my phone isn't registered. Samsung Apps is supposed to identify and register your phone once you log in from your phone. It didn't work for me. Furthermore, the "Samsung Apps" account on my phone's Settings=> Accounts and Sync Folder is not auto-synching. The circle which is supposed to be green is grey and I couldn't find a way to change it. Is that the reason why I can't register my phone on Samsung Apps? If it is, how can I solve it? Any help is appreciated since my phone is basically useless to me atm without applications.

Edit: I have to add that I did a "Factory Reset" and then upgraded to the latest Firmware. The problem persists.

dakeb

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
You are on an older Android system than Jellybean then. I would uninstall Samsung Apps and re-install it, you might have a version on your phone unsuitable for your operating system.

Can you get apps via the Google Play Store?

OldPhoneUser

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
I never tried the Google Play Store. How can I upgrade the Android Version of my phone? (My current Android version is 2.3.6 Build Number: GINGERBREAD.XXMC1) Now Kies keeps crashing on every launch because I set it to "Auto-Backup".

Edit: I was able to download the Application I wanted from the Google Play Store without a problem. But what's the credibility of the Apps on Google Play or Samsung Apps? I downloaded a Home Banking App. Is there any chance it might be fake/hacked?

Last edited:

dakeb

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I never use Kies, you don't need it.

Google play store is fine for apps, they are reliable.

I would leave it on Gingerbread, and disable Samsung apps. You don't want an updated operating system like jellybean hogging that phone's limited resources.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

hodan

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I never tried the Google Play Store. How can I upgrade the Android Version of my phone? (My current Android version is 2.3.6 Build Number: GINGERBREAD.XXMC1) Now Kies keeps crashing on every launch because I set it to "Auto-Backup".

Edit: I was able to download the Application I wanted from the Google Play Store without a problem. But what's the credibility of the Apps on Google Play or Samsung Apps? I downloaded a Home Banking App. Is there any chance it might be fake/hacked?

Why would you be worried about apps on Google Play? You realize that hundreds of millions of people get apps from Google Play, everyday.

Smokey Mc Pot

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Google owns Android.
Google play store is the official Android store.
Samsung store is the one store that I particularly don't trust.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 4

Donna Davis3

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site
I just started using a Galaxy Ace (GT-S5830i) a few days ago. I created a Samsung Apps account but I can't download and send apps to my phone, because it says on the website that my phone isn't registered. Samsung Apps is supposed to identify and register your phone once you log in from your phone. It didn't work for me. Furthermore, the "Samsung Apps" account on my phone's Settings=> Accounts and Sync Folder is not auto-synching. The circle which is supposed to be green is grey and I couldn't find a way to change it. Is that the reason why I can't register my phone on Samsung Apps? If it is, how can I solve it? Any help is appreciated since my phone is basically useless to me atm without applications.

Edit: I have to add that I did a "Factory Reset" and then upgraded to the latest Firmware. The problem persists.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ILTAFGICHKI