I don't know what to buy. Help!?

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
Is it worth buying the S6 since its 6 months old now?

Is the edge plus better? I know it has the bigger battery.

Does the edge plus also charge fast as the galaxy s6? Shouldn't it charge slower because of the bigger battery?

What to buy???

italygrl1

May 5, 2014
Visit site
I just got the s6 edge plus and its fantastic. The battery does charge really fast. It also last a long time too. The other day i had it off the charger listening to music and gps and social media and it hadnt been charged in 22 hrs and it still had 19% battery life left. Its really an excellent phone.

justnivek

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
So this battery life is "Horrible" is it? Interesting
i wish i could get that.

the most i ever got was 3:30 but i havent gotten that ina while. im guessing samsung made 2 different S6's dthat have different batteries/camera sensors and i got the "Horrible" one

italygrl1

May 5, 2014
Visit site
So swap it out. If you can take it back to have it swapped then do that. Other option is to use your provider insurance if you have it or you have a year with samsung for the manufacturer warranty.

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
i wish i could get that.

the most i ever got was 3:30 but i havent gotten that ina while. im guessing samsung made 2 different S6's dthat have different batteries/camera sensors and i got the "Horrible" one

I was initially getting four hours screen on time like you so I contacted Samsung on twitter. They told me to put my phone into safe mode and see what apps were missing. Whichever apps were missing were the ones causing the battery drain. They recommended I uninstall any apps I didn't want or need out of those apps. I uninstalled and reinstalled the apps and discovered the source of the drain. In my case it was avg and the weather channel.

I also installed Weyo which is a dark theme onto my phone. I replaced carbon with Twitter which runs rings around it and is able to be stopped in the background unlike the official app. I also gave my phone a black wallpaper as the phone lights up each individual pixel.

I recently installed greenify and Doze and I could not be happier. It has increased my standby time exponentially. I was asleep and just woke up to this.

Try any all or none of these tips and let me know how you get on

Attachments

• 1441523160482.jpg
    1441523160482.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 26

justnivek

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
I was initially getting four hours screen on time like you so I contacted Samsung on twitter. They told me to put my phone into safe mode and see what apps were missing. Whichever apps were missing were the ones causing the battery drain. They recommended I uninstall any apps I didn't want or need out of those apps. I uninstalled and reinstalled the apps and discovered the source of the drain. In my case it was avg and the weather channel.

I also installed Weyo which is a dark theme onto my phone. I replaced carbon with Twitter which runs rings around it and is able to be stopped in the background unlike the official app. I also gave my phone a black wallpaper as the phone lights up each individual pixel.

I recently installed greenify and Doze and I could not be happier. It has increased my standby time exponentially. I was asleep and just woke up to this.

Try any all or none of these tips and let me know how you get on

Ive actually recently updated to official 5.1.1 and factory reset the phone and have been running it clean (without the apps i usually use like Nova Launcher, Google Keyboard, Lightflow, and leaving the capacitive lights OFF) and i havent seen any improvement. im running the phone stock since 5 days and it hasnt done anything.

The fact that i have to install "Apps" to help battery life shouldn't be here in 2015. My old kitkat phones (Z1c Moto G) have me. 5 hours+ SoT running everything i wanted with 100's of apps.

Todays is a perfect example

left phone with 100% battery before sleeping, wake up at 90% been using the phone for about 10 minutes and at 81% that is ridiculous. ive been looking thru forums and checked instagram, no videos no streaming no camera use nothing "draining" was done since last night

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
From the sounds of things you have a rogue app because that is NOT what happens on my phone.

This is my current charge cycle.

If you're not even going to bother trying what I suggested take it in for a replacement. You mentioned a key word. KIT KAT. NOT LOLLIPOP

Attachments

• 1441561892256.jpg
    1441561892256.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 15
  • 1441561902065.jpg
    1441561902065.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 15

emad1995

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
The battery life is pretty bad BUT it charges so fast that you don't need to worry about battery. If you can find just 15 minutes to charge sometime during your day you'll be good to go for a full day of use. For example you can plug in the phone while you take a shower and when you are done the phone will have charged about 20-25%.

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick