I don't understand "do not disturb"

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi all. I don't understand the do not disturb function. I turn it on at night to allow calls and messages only from my contacts and also exclude notifications from apps like YouTube etc. It's the schedule I don't understand.

I thought it was straight forward. Turn on do not disturb. Do not disturb is on till I turn it off manually. Then in settings I see an option to set a schedule with a default suggested schedule time. Great, so I set the default schedule time.

The notification panel still says do not disturb is on till I turn it off manually. No matter how I set the schedule, do not disturb does not turn off automatically via the schedule.

What am I doing wrong?

Last edited:

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi all. I don't understand the do not disturb function. I turn it on at night to allow calls and messages only from my contacts and also exclude notifications from apps like YouTube etc. It's the schedule I don't understand.

I thought it was straight forward. Turn on do not disturb. Do not disturb is on till I turn it off manually. Then in settings I see an option to set a schedule with a default suggested schedule time. Great, so I set the default schedule time.

The notification panel still says do not disturb is on tilli turn it off manually. No matter how I set the schedule, do not disturb does not turn off automatically via the schedule.

What am I doing wrong?

Try leaving the first toggle off in the DND settings, then put in your schedule times.

If you manually toggle DND on, it just stays on till you manually turn it off. Turning the first toggle off, allows the schedule to run.

It's a little confusing...
:)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220316-162110_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20220316-162110_Settings.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 36

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Personally I've got a Bixby routine set up so the schedule only activates if it's between certain hours AND wireless charging. I recommend it if you're not always going to bed at your usual time.

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Try leaving the first toggle off in the DND settings, then put in your schedule times.

If you manually toggle DND on, it just stays on till you manually turn it off. Turning the first toggle off, allows the schedule to run.

Ok, I'll give that a go. That seems really odd, I never would have figured that out. Thanks!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I heard with Prior Samsung problem like this , I would send feedback Samsung members app or get remote help from settings

thzzzt

Feb 27, 2022
Visit site
Are you getting caller ID info?

The notification panel still says do not disturb is on till I turn it off manually. No matter how I set the schedule, do not disturb does not turn off automatically via the schedule.

What am I doing wrong?

Forgive me if this is somewhat unrelated, but when your DND is on and you're allowing your contacts thru, do you get their caller ID info when they call? I don't, and I wonder if I'm the only one. My phone rings, but I don't know which contact is calling.

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site

That's the way I used on my pixel 4xl and my S22u.

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Re: Are you getting caller ID info?

Forgive me if this is somewhat unrelated, but when your DND is on and you're allowing your contacts thru, do you get their caller ID info when they call? I don't, and I wonder if I'm the only one. My phone rings, but I don't know which contact is calling.

On my pixel 4XL the cotact is identified with a pop up. I would guess it would be similar with my S22. However, no one has called:(.

I do have Call display while using apps turned on as "Small Pop-ups."

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site

I'm sorry I can't answer that as I haven't yet had a call whilst in DND. As soon as I do I'll let you know.

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site

I can answer this now, I last night got an SMS whilst in DND mode. The notification was the same as regular SMS notifications, with the contact info identified.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy