I doubt the "Shamu" is the Nexus 6..

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
That's semantics. I think the only people playing that game are people who don't want the Shamu device to be the Nexus 6 (or whatever it will be called).

I am not one of "Those People" I want this to be the Nexus device.... But Google is pretty well know for pulling pranks..... just falls in line with their culture and way of doing things..... Gives them wiggle room to be something else.......

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
If I took a sticky note, wrote "Swordfish" on the back and taped it over the HTC Logo on my M8 and called it the Nexus, would everyone believe it?

Probably, because if it's on the net it must be true. :eek: People will believe anything just to have something to believe in.

Casey DC

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
usually no... but the wording in the Gizmodo article is that they would save the rumored specs of the 5.2 inch Nexus 6 and just make them a Google Play Edition...... Thus that would mean a bump in processor and screen if the rumored benchmarks of a 5.2 inch Moto device with the 805 and qHD screen were real and NOT another Nexus 6......

That 5.2 inch Moto is the Droid Turbo, that is all but confirmed at this point. It isn't really a Moto X but it certainly isn't a Nexus.

Sentrix

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
TKTechNews seems to think that Shamu is the Moto S, and that the Nexus 6 will be pretty much the exact same device but without the Motorola crater on the back.

Storm24

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
TKTechNews seems to think that Shamu is the Moto S, and that the Nexus 6 will be pretty much the exact same device but without the Motorola crater on the back.

That would indeed be interesting if true. I wonder what would differentiate the devices, other than the S would get the moto addon software and the 6 would get pure google L.

dankev

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
That would indeed be interesting if true. I wonder what would differentiate the devices, other than the S would get the moto addon software and the 6 would get pure google L.

Probably the S (and not the Nexus) would be available on Verizon.

Storm24

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Probably the S (and not the Nexus) would be available on Verizon.

I can see that. And would make sense, especially after the track record Verizon and Google have over the GNex. I left Verizon over that and have no looked back and could not be happier. I love being able to get an unlocked phone like the Nexus and go to ATT or whomever. Love the freedom.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

I think Gizmodo speculated the Moto S is for Verizon and the Nexus 6 would be the unlocked device working with AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint.... So Verizon can lock it down to their specs... All speculation... but a lot of data seems to point to a big Nexus 6 coming soon...

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
A Moto X (2014), DROID Turbo, Moto S, and Nexus 6/X would be an odd line up for Verizon IMO.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I hope Verizon doesn't get the Nexus.. they bastardized the Galaxy Nexus.. you all remember that right?

Sentrix

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I had a Verizon Galaxy Nexus too, it was alright. Biggest issue for me were the 5 supposed launch dates that didn't happen, lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana