I got a new SIM card and it's saying that I have the old phone number

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

my phone service is getting turned off so I ordered an SD card or a SIM card rather from secure wire unless and it's telling me I have my old phone number on here and the setup wizard keeps saying the SIM card is not set up

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Your phone service is getting cut off by one carrier so you ordered a SIM card from a new carrier?

Changing your SIM card does not equate to getting a new number if it is from the same carrier. They can assign any number to any SIM card. So you could have 6 SIM cards in a year all assigned to your number. I feel I must continue on to say that only one SIM would be active at a time and the subsequent cards would be deactivated in the carrier's system.

Now if you have a new SIM from a new carrier and were expecting your number to change, it might once you activate the card. As with any new SIM card it requires activation. This can usually be done by dialing *611, but that depends on the carrier.

Other than trying to confuse us by even mentioning an SD, why do you need a new SIM if your service is being disconnected?

To reply to this thread you must register an account. This link will help you do that... https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community-new-post.html

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which phone do you have, and where did you get it from? If it's carrier-locked to the original carrier, you might have to go through a carrier-unlocking process first before it will recognize the new SIM for a new carrier.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickness54