I got my Moto Z DROID Force

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomas Guide

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
That's fine, you're entitled to your opinion, though at some point sharing repeatedly without getting into why isn't productive, and you need to understand that some of your complaints are simply preference or opinion.

Ugly to me ok fine I'll give you that, but as to the why? Really? Do I have to go through the list again? Did you even read my post? Expensive, lack of updates, too small a battery, no headphone jack etc.. These are not preferences, there is no excuse for a phone of this price to not be updated or to have a small battery. You expect that from cheapo phones, but $700+ phone should be updated.

You ask why it's worth similar money as iPhones or Samsung Galaxys, and the answer is build quality, features & specs, and discounts (few are going to pay full price for these phones, unless it's through a no-interest 2yr payment plan).

OP3 doesn't have the build quality? Nexus 6P doesn't have the build quality? Axon 7 doesn't have the build quality? Why so are they priced so much lower? What justifies the $300 or so more in money? The days of $700 phones is coming to an end and the sooner Lenovo realizes the better. Most mid range phones have an 820 chip, a good camera, a good battery. Something must differentiate them from the rest of the pack. In Moto and LG you find mods, others are choosing to go on price.

I'm not hating on the Z, I think the HTC 10 and LG are in the same boat as these Z phones, overpriced. So is Apple and so is Samsung, but for whatever reason perceived cache or superior build i.e waterproof. Those guys are able to get people to pay $700. Sony, HTC, LG, Lenovo are all trying to get a foothold in the $700+ high margin market. Why choose any of those guys? What is compelling about their phones to justify those prices? Build quality??? Nobody wants to get in a race to the bottom, but eventually something has to give. There just aren't enough people on this planet who can keep paying those every 2 years.

By the way, the camera bump is only there if you don't use a style mod, which is included, and I think Moto expects most people to use if they're not using another mod.

This one probably the worst offense, they couldn't figure out a way to make that bump flush? So you need a style cover to fix a poor engineering job? It's a plate that does nothing except to make the camera flush. Why not just make a bigger battery and no bump and no style cover? I'm not a fan of these camera bumps on any phone but Lenovo has taken it to a new level. They seem proud of that bump when they should be ashamed. They took leftovers from all those unsold watches and plugged them into the back of the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia