I hate being that guy...

C_C0LE

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
So, like the title says, I hate being that guy, but I need some help. I am trying to root my AT&T Note II on a Mac. I found a tutorial, but I don't think it is working for 4.1.2. Everything works great up until recovery mode. I cannot get clockwork to come up, only ARS. I have no clue why. It also says my sd card (internal) is not mounted during this process. A PC is not really an option, so any help with rooting on a Mac would be greatly appreciated. Again, I am sorry to be that guy and post this thread, but I could really use some help.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Rooting is easily a 30 second process probably something you could do at a public library....j/k bout that seriously though... Chain fires auto root. Also called cfautoroot.

Nm...just did that and Odin the official program needed for root does not work on mac. Weirdly enough I could not find a reference to rooting a galaxy note 2 on 4.1.2 except for the us cellular version and possibly the international version. They mentioned a program called Crossover Utility that is used in plac3 of Odin. You might try to search that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

C_C0LE

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm, I recall crossover from a few years ago when I tired it. It basically allows you to run single windows programs on mac without needing to run windows. Will try this out before maybe trying to partition my hard drive with a windows preview. Anybody have any other ideas?

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Oh I see, so you would run the crossover utility which basically emulates windows. You will need to install Odin and the and have the file needed for the chainfire app available in that mode. This should work. OR you could simply use a friends PC to do it. If you have a usb thumb drive you can put everything needed on that. I really is stupid simple to root, once rooted you wont need a pc unless you choose to unroot. BTW unrooting the note 2, atleast from my experience, is a beotch.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

C_C0LE

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Here's a fun question: if I decide I want to go back to stock, can I just do a factory reboot through recovery or do I have to use a backup? I think I may have accidentally deleted my stock back up so I no longer have it. I hope this doesn't mean I have to download a stock rom, I'm pretty sure I got really lucky just to flash Jelly Bam.

Another note, any good tutorials for mobile odin?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazyload03