I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 9

DJBrendanB

Jul 3, 2018
Visit site
Hello all i have a Samsung galaxy note 9 and to me is there any type of trick to get more wifi connections. When i am at work at a baseball field on my other phone of a lg v20 i can pick up the wifi name but on my samsung note 9 it doesnt show up at all. Would anyone have a trick or am i doing something wrong thanks for if anyone has an answer

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
whenever my phone cannot see a network, I will just turn off wifi then restart and it usually finds it. In your case, if it still does not appear and since you know the name of the wif network from your lg phone, try manually typing it in by scrolling to the end of the available wifi list and press the plus sign.

DJBrendanB

Jul 3, 2018
Visit site
I can try that as well and then see what happens but to me i do thank you for the help and its just weird really why the lg v20 can pick it up but my samsung cant you know. It just feels like the inside of the phone the wifi part has a very short range wifi pick up maybe. Now if there was a booster to pick up service thats fine. i only have issue at the field thats all at home im find around town i am fine accept there so yeah very weird. Thanks again for the help

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does this happen anywhere else, or only at work? If you have a case on, try taking it off and see if the wi-fi reception is better.

DJBrendanB

Jul 3, 2018
Visit site
Hello again and thanks for the response back. So i am home and i can see my network and my neighbors network as well. When i am out in town like at the mall i can pick up there wifi either from stores or from the mall wifi. Now when i do go to the baseball field and work on machines or stuff i am online with my lg v20 phone but when i try to connect or put wifi on with my note 9 the wifi doesnt even show up. I will try tomorrow to manualy input the wifi info and the password and then see if it connects. There is another friend of mine that has a samsung galaxy 10 and it does the same thing it wont pick up the wifi at the field and its just weird. Why can my lg v20 pick it up fine but then my samsung cant. I know they are both two different phones and maybe it could be a software or a wifi chip issue with a samsung but its just weird to me. I try solve issues but this is like i have no clue. To me its just weird why one phone can pick up the connection but the other phone cant thats all really. I have even re did my note 9 and re set it back up and it still did the same thing so yeah very weird. Thats why i wanted to call samsung and ask and i didnt get anywhere and so i though maybe i will leave a comment and then see if anyone else has any tricks or maybe there is something on my note9 thats hidden and i need to enable it who knows. I do thank you for the help though.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I can try that as well and then see what happens but to me i do thank you for the help and its just weird really why the lg v20 can pick it up but my samsung cant you know. It just feels like the inside of the phone the wifi part has a very short range wifi pick up maybe. Now if there was a booster to pick up service thats fine. i only have issue at the field thats all at home im find around town i am fine accept there so yeah very weird. Thanks again for the help
Also check in wifi settings it's not to save battery , that will reduce its range , if still issue try resetting network by going settings>general management>reset>rest network

DJBrendanB

Jul 3, 2018
Visit site
ah ok i will check that as well and to me i understand phones very much but not when it cant pick up a signal or a places wifi but i will check that as well thanks for your input as well

DJBrendanB

Jul 3, 2018
Visit site
what i will do is when i go back to the baseball field i will Try what you all told me to do and then see if it will pick it up. I was just frustrated that ok yes its a new phone its by tmobile and to me i didnt really understand why a samsung galaxy note 9 has the wifi radio part in the phone of why its not that powerful really. So far all of my other LG phones have gotten service at the field. One of my partners who i work with he has a samsung galaxy 10+ and he cant even find the network either. But when i show him my lg v20 phone hes like what wait how come my lg v20 can pick it up but our samsung cant. Thats why i wanted to ask maybe there is something turned off with in the samsung galaxy phones that it wont allow the strength to go further. I guess i could check the developers options maybe if there is something to do with that but still not sure. The phone has not been rooted at all its all stock. I so thank you all for helping me i will try tomorrow and then let you all know what the outcome is ok.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
ah ok i will check that as well and to me i understand phones very much but not when it cant pick up a signal or a places wifi but i will check that as well thanks for your input as well
This is the settings page I'm talking about on wifi

See if it looks similar to mine , also check wifi control history see if any apps are controlling it and turn off that permission in that app.

DJBrendanB

Jul 3, 2018
Visit site
Hello there so what you have showed me i have that also on my phone as well same things so yeah. Its just weird. I enjoy samsung products but when you cant get a connection listed its like hmm to me. I do like challenges and figuring things out but to me with whats going on i have no clue really. I will wait until tomorrow. I will go back to the baseball field where there is wifi and then see if i can once again log in ok. If i can then i will let you all know who have told me stuff. thanks again i just thought maybe there are a few tricks with a samsung that i am not aware of besides looking online so yeah thanks again and sorry to bug you all for my question or explaining my issue.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hello there so what you have showed me i have that also on my phone as well same things so yeah. Its just weird. I enjoy samsung products but when you cant get a connection listed its like hmm to me. I do like challenges and figuring things out but to me with whats going on i have no clue really. I will wait until tomorrow. I will go back to the baseball field where there is wifi and then see if i can once again log in ok. If i can then i will let you all know who have told me stuff. thanks again i just thought maybe there are a few tricks with a samsung that i am not aware of besides looking online so yeah thanks again and sorry to bug you all for my question or explaining my issue.
No problem at all , we here to help , let us know.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
[Moved to Note 9 Forum for better visibility]

OP still having the issue not seeing the one network wondering if any other Note 9 users experience this or have a solution none of ours worked yet .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jannel91