I have the Razer Phone — ask me questions!

xplod566

Oct 11, 2017
Visit site
Hey Alex
I have a Xperia phone.Could you confirm if the DAC supports any Xperia xz1 or xz premium phones .
Or as a matter of fact how is the sq Inna different phone for the dac.

Emazing

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
Hi Alex, does it have double tap to wake and how is the haptic feedback?

Also, can try downloading the Google Camera hdr+ port apk to see if it takes better photo quality and faster autofocusing?

Last edited:

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Alex, from what you heard so far, will this get software and security updates regularly? I'd be concerned about support for this device.

canawler

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
Alex, from what you heard so far, will this get software and security updates regularly? I'd be concerned about support for this device.
Razer's track record isn't good. Their other phone, the Robin, is currently on the April '17 security update.
Also, they ended manufacturer warranty support of the phone while it was still being sold by many retailers. You can buy the Robin new on Amazon right now but Razer will not honor their warranty.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Razer's track record isn't good. Their other phone, the Robin, is currently on the April '17 security update.
Also, they ended manufacturer warranty support of the phone while it was still being sold by many retailers. You can buy the Robin new on Amazon right now but Razer will not honor their warranty.

Can you really call the Robin, their phone? It was made by Nextbit. YES they bought Nextbit, but they had absolutely nothing to do with the design, production and sale of that phone. Robin(s) remaining in sales channels are most likely leftover models being sold by 3rd party groups, and NOT being sold by Razor.

canawler

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
I do get what you're saying but when a company buys another company they take both the good and the bad. They're taking on the liabilities of that other company. As far as I'm concerned, the Robin became Razers phone when they purchased Nextbit. Razer has been in complete control of whether or not the Robin gets security patches so I consider their track record with updates to be fair game. Also, the last update to the Robin dropped well after the buyout. Razer is aware that update left a crippling battery drain bug relating to Bluetooth that they have done nothing to fix. Again, to me, that goes on their support record.

Honoring a warranty is also part of an acquisition. And you're right, the ones on Amazon aren't being sold by Razer or Nextbit but the warranty cut off came before the last Nextbit sold units would have expired. All companies that I'm aware of still honor their warranties when purchased from other retailers if you have proof of purchase?

By the way, the Robin is still a great phone for the price, even without a warranty. I expect the Razer phone to be awesome. I'm just sceptical of Razer's support due to the way they've handled the Nextbit purchase.

Paullybob

May 11, 2018
Visit site
Just picked up my Razer, battery life leaves me wanting a bit more so far, hoping it will settle down as the apps optimize and everything gets updated. Oreo 8.0 just updated yesterday so that good, phone is quick to open apps and wireless speeds are very good. The camera is not bad but in HDR auto, it does seem to be a little slower than I'd like. Image quality is good but I think I'm going to try out a different camera app (ADKDev has an app that they are raving about) and go from there. Sound quality from the speakers is excellent and reasonably loud, alarms and alerts are super clear and loud! So far, I'm quite happy with my purchase!!

mprebich

Sep 4, 2018
Visit site
Good to know. I just purchased the Razer Phone online. I should have it in a week or so.

I like all aspects of the phone, except for the camera. (Although I have other devices which I still use as my camera, i.e. Lumia 1020 and 950XL).

Would be interested to know what camera app(s) you decide are best.

Any other app recommendations welcome. My first time on Android, begrudgingly switching from W10M.

Have fun with your Razer Phone!