I lost my google tab and can't sign in to play store after updating google services

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

When I updated my software, it says I have the latest version for current OS. But my android version is still 6.0

I wanted to update to at least 7.0, so I tried to force OTA update by clearing the google services framework. Didn't work. Then I tried joining as a beta tester for google services. Still no update. So I sideloaded the latest version of google services (I think it's 20.33.14) from apkmirror, and there lies the problem.

After installation, I couldn't sign in to google play and I lost my google tab in accounts & sync. And I couldn't find google services in my Apps.

It's making me regret sideloading. I chose the 203314019 variant since it's the most compatible to my device. I have lg k10 k430. Android version 6.0. (I chose nodpi to be safe).

I would really like to avoid doing factory reset, though I have back up.

I tried to clear the cache and data on google play (since I couldn't find google play services). Then restart. Still nothing. I still couldn't sign in. (And by that I mean it won't open even if I tap the 'sign in'. It stays frozen). Any ideas?

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Let's start with the OS update - that device only officially updated to Android 6, so using the button to check for updates won't get you anything. To go higher you will need to research a 3rd-party ROM for the device.

As for the Google account tab - can you find the previous Play Services version that you had on the device? If it's in your apps list you might be able to uninstall the update and roll it back to a previous stable version.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

JKesha

Aug 31, 2020
Visit site
Let's start with the OS update - that device only officially updated to Android 6, so using the button to check for updates won't get you anything. To go higher you will need to research a 3rd-party ROM for the device.

As for the Google account tab - can you find the previous Play Services version that you had on the device? If it's in your apps list you might be able to uninstall the update and roll it back to a previous stable version.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

I already clicked uninstall and restarted my phone but I think it didn't go back to the previous version. I can't find google services so I can't be sure. When I tried clicking gmail, it says google services are currently updating.

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Can't force a OS update by clearing Google framework, only way is use adb commands to update with a updated zip of one is available which according to hallux there not. As for Google frame try uninstalling the update or go to settings >apps]>tap 3 dots upper right corner and scroll to system apps and tap. It, now look for Google frames works and tap it to clear its data, cache and force stop.

JKesha

Aug 31, 2020
Visit site
Can't force a OS update by clearing Google framework, only way is use adb commands to update with a updated zip of one is available which according to hallux there not. As for Google frame try uninstalling the update or go to settings >apps]>tap 3 dots upper right corner and scroll to system apps and tap. It, now look for Google frames works and tap it to clear its data, cache and force stop.

Ok. I tried that (clear the cache, data, and force stop google services framework), then restart. But play store just opens for like a second then closes every time I tap it.

Guess I shouldn't have sideloaded. At this point I'm leaning toward a factory reset.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Ok. I tried that (clear the cache, data, and force stop google services framework), then restart. But play store just opens for like a second then closes every time I tap it.

Guess I shouldn't have sideloaded. At this point I'm leaning toward a factory reset.
Can you Uninstall frame work? If you can't it would be too much work to find the right version to download again, so factory reset would be the choice.

JKesha

Aug 31, 2020
Visit site
Can you Uninstall frame work? If you can't it would be too much work to find the right version to download again, so factory reset would be the choice.

The version I had before I downloaded the 20.33.14 one was 20.30.19
I'm having doubts about sideloading this. So I guess reset it is. Should I do factory or hard reset?

JKesha

Aug 31, 2020
Visit site
Factory reset is a hard reset, unless you want try sideload that version?

Really? So they're the same? I thought they have different functions given the way they're suppose to be done. That got me confused.

A friend just told me to sideload the 20.30.19 version but I'm having second thoughts. I think I'll take your suggestion and try my luck on the factory reset. Thnks so much for the responses, mustang 7757. I appreciate it.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Really? So they're the same? I thought they have different functions given the way they're suppose to be done. That got me confused.

A friend just told me to sideload the 20.30.19 version but I'm having second thoughts. I think I'll take your suggestion and try my luck on the factory reset. Thnks so much for the responses, mustang 7757. I appreciate it.
Yeah hard reset and factory reset set is same, doft reset is like reboot the phone.
Try sideload the correct Google frame, apk mirror is legit and really don't have anything to worry about, if it doesn't work then proceed with factory reset. Your Welcome!

JKesha

Aug 31, 2020
Visit site
Yeah hard reset and factory reset set is same, doft reset is like reboot the phone.
Try sideload the correct Google frame, apk mirror is legit and really don't have anything to worry about, if it doesn't work then proceed with factory reset. Your Welcome!

Thanks I'll do that. Just to make sure, are you referring to the 'factory data reset' in the 'backup & reset' settings or the one where you hold down the power and volume down button? I'm not sure which one to try.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks I'll do that. Just to make sure, are you referring to the 'factory data reset' in the 'backup & reset' settings or the one where you hold down the power and volume down button? I'm not sure which one to try.

The one in settings, to factory reset the other in recovery can achieve the same but but doesn't delete all data

JKesha

Aug 31, 2020
Visit site
My backup account is currently grayed out. It says no account is currently storing backup data. I was able to sync my data on my google account before it disappeared from accounts & sync though. If I reset my phone, will it still recover my data?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
My backup account is currently grayed out. It says no account is currently storing backup data. I was able to sync my data on my google account before it disappeared from accounts & sync though. If I reset my phone, will it still recover my data?
That going be tough, it might or might not

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87