i miss my droid turbo :(

HappyFunBall24

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
Good luck OP! Come back to us! Come back to your home!! :)

Yeah, TouchWiz was a turn off for me also when deciding between these two. Funny how I saw many more reviewers characterize the DT as having VZW bloat but not mention TouchWiz as bloat at all. It could even be argued that TouchWiz can interfere with the stock Android experience more than VZW apps do on the DT.

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Definitely. The turbo is 90 percent stock with a few moto apps and a few verizon bloat. Tomorow i hope to get my beautiful turbo back. I loved the stock android feel and smoothness it had. Well lets see how it goes tomorow ill keep you guys updated.

Posted via Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
New Droid Turbo owner here, I come in peace! :p I did a ton of research and it came down to these two, which I believe are the two best phones overall.

The biggest selling points of the Turbo over Note 4 for me were the form factor (ie, I preferred its size and feel), near-stock Android, Moto Voice/Assist/Actions/Display, battery (though the Note 4's is impressive too), Qi charging, and Motorola's reputation for its build quality and quick updates (EDIT: not a fanboy, as I realize this may not always hold true).

The main distinguishing features about the Note 4 were not quite as important to me, though are really nice: screen size, multitasking, S-Pen, and a much better camera.

It certainly wasn't an easy decision because the Note 4 is amazing as well. Both of our phones have many similar specs that destroy pretty much everyone else right now except for the Nexus 6, which I think is a bit overrated.

Very unbiased and hope your enjoying your droid turbo, not available outside the states as its obviously an exclusive. Even then I would still opt for the Note 4.

Posted via the Android Central App

guyinlaca

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Right now I'm using the Galaxy Note 3, after having primarily Motorolas for years. Samsung phones have awesome screens and awesome cameras, but the TouchWiz software is incredibly poor. Having a huge chunk of your internal storage filled with system apps out of the box is really inconvenient. I spent roughly 2 hours between rooting, installing a rom, and tweaking all of my settings. Unfortunately, there are hiccups and every time there is a software update, I am stuck on the old software until a new version is developed. If I got the Note 4, I'd probably install a launcher such as Nova or Apex with AOSP icon pack, and do my best to freeze/disable the unused system apps. You can also enable Developer Settings by tapping your base version several times, then setting animation scale to 0.5x which speeds things up.

I'm actually leaning towards the Nexus 6. I picked up a Droid Turbo for a relative, and love everything about it but the screen size. The Nexus 6 would allow me to keep the large screen I've gotten spoiled by on the Note 3, while getting the stock Android experience without all the hassle of rooting. I miss Motorola and am excited that they're finally building true flagships again.

philip42

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: note 4 or droid turbo ?

What do u mean ? And im pissed as of now. I returned my turbo and got the note 4. Now im stuck witht the note 4 and i want the turbo back lol.

Just decide on what features are most important to you. No phone does everything. You'll drive yourself nuts if you keep exchanging them. Just remember, when you do decide on one, the new feeling about it will disappear. It doesn't mean you've made the wrong decision. It's just human nature to want the new shiny thing. By the way, I'm speaking from experience. Amazon are sick of me returning phones!

plumcrazy

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site

ok so you come to a NOTE4 forum, you decide to start a thread which phone is best ? what kind of answers do you expect ? and now you're pissed ?

seriously ?

Liquidretro

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site

I went Note 4, but strongly considered the Turbo. At the time the Turbo had not been out long and I needed a phone that day. There were concerns off the bat about turbo on call quality and camera quality. I would have loved a more stock experience though. Not disapointed in the note 4 after changing the animation speed and the launcher.

naira1

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

New Droid Turbo owner here, I come in peace! I did a ton of research and it came down to these two, which I believe are the two best phones overall.

The biggest selling points of the Turbo over Note 4 for me were the form factor (ie, I preferred its size and feel), near-stock Android, Moto Voice/Assist/Actions/Display, battery (though the Note 4's is impressive too), Qi charging, and Motorola's reputation for its build quality and quick updates (EDIT: not a fanboy, as I realize this may not always hold true).

The main distinguishing features about the Note 4 were not quite as important to me, though are really nice: screen size, multitasking, S-Pen, and a much better camera.

It certainly wasn't an easy decision because the Note 4 is amazing as well. Both of our phones have many similar specs that destroy pretty much everyone else right now except for the Nexus 6, which I think is a bit overrated.
And you go in pieces .... Just kidding always wanted to say that...

That's an objective way to look at things, if only everybody were like this. Forums would be peaceful and probably boring . Ah well, we can't always have it all can we?

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

HappyFunBall24

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site

I also wish that reviewers could also be more objective also. There certainly are some legit criticisms of the Droid Turbo, arguably more than for the Note 4, but I don't believe that saying "it's ugly", for example, should be one that's been cited on tech websites routinely. I understand if reviewers want to say that it's not as sleek and it's thicker/heavier than most and such. But really subjective stuff based purely off of looks, of which there is no objective standard at all, I think is less than professional.

It's a different story on forums, where obviously a wide range of personal opinions are fair game. All of these different opinions definitely makes it more interesting, if not peaceful!

Ifuncused

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site

Ok so Hubby and I are on the market for new phones. He wants Turbo. I want Note 4.
I know this is not the place for it..but any idea where to get them for two weeks ago prices?
Verizon carrier.

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

What do u mean ? And im pissed as of now. I returned my turbo and got the note 4. Now im stuck witht the note 4 and i want the turbo back lol.

I couldn't deal with the no data and voice at the same time.... That's a deal breaker for me

HappyFunBall24

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site

^^ Yes, that's one of the legit criticisms of the Droid Turbo, though a VoLTE update that will enable simultaneous voice/data has been announced for this month. My understanding is that it will be enabled if talking to someone on VZW, or AT&T by next year, but not landlines or other networks.

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

^^ Yes, that's one of the legit criticisms of the Droid Turbo, though a VoLTE update that will enable simultaneous voice/data has been announced for this month. My understanding is that it will be enabled if talking to someone on VZW, or AT&T by next year, but not landlines or other networks.

If it's not 100% covered why would they get rid of the old way when it worked?

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Re: how many returns can you make for Verizon?

BlackBerry Q10. Actually had this since October '13. Longest I've ever kept a phone. I just keep getting bored with it and think if I find something else I really like...

Hate to say this but if less then 2 months is the longest you have keep a phone, than you have phone issues.

Sorry thought you had wrote Oct '14. Guess I need to learn to read.

Last edited:

HappyFunBall24

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site

^^ VZW is finally getting rid of CDMA and transitioning to VoLTE, which will become the standard in a few years. The dual-antenna set up that was needed for simultaneous voice/data (since CDMA itself isn't capable) is gone from the Droid Turbo and Moto X.

Why get rid of the CDMA antenna entirely at this point? Dunno, but my guess is cost-benefit. They could be thinking that the additional antenna wouldn't be used much on VZW after VoLTE is enabled this month, since their 4g network overlaps with most of their 3g at this point. So nixing the antenna cuts costs, while also saving some space in this already thick phone with its massive battery.

For what it's worth, though it doesn't even out the negatives, the plus side of a single antenna is that it helps a bit with battery life and SAR rating (if anyone cares). ;)

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site

Alright thanks. I just wish the note 4 was stock android and then it would be the perfect phone.

That would ruin the best phone on the market right now. I don't understand wanting the phone with the most bells and whistles and then wanting to strip it down? Just buy the nexus.

anon(5061193)

Banned
Mar 5, 2014
Visit site

I am making the leap to the Nexus 6... I have had the Droid Turbo for about a week and LOVE it... but once I got my hands on the Nexus 6, I had to have it..... It is shipping today..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hohenheimofdarkness