I need a SIMPLE app to blink my camer's flash as a missed call light.

MichaelRS

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
I just need it to blink the flash, about 3 times ever 10 seconds, to show that I've missed a call after I get out of the shower or pool or such.
Most such apps I've seen are way to complicated for my one need there. Not complicated to use, but as far as the space they take up for ALL their features, that I wont use and am not willing to trade the space for that one, simple need.
OR
Failing that, an app that will leave my screen *ON, till I get back to it, when a call or message comes in.
I have "Screen Notification" (icon a yellow light bulb), from the play store, to turn my screen on when a text or email comes in, but it doesn't go that far.
So, any suggestions?

Last edited:

MichaelRS

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
I could not tell from the PlayStore description or the review a phone Arena; Is it an app that will continue to flash AFTER a call has come and gone until you check your phone?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I can't tell for sure, but the part where it says "Notification flash modes (Time based or Repetitive)" makes me think that it would continue as long as the notification hasn't been cleared.

MichaelRS

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
Well, I still haven't come across a flash that does what I want it to. But I did find a SIMILAR fix.

As noted in my OP, I got the "Screen Notification app to make the screen of my LG L90 screen come on for my incoming text and social media. So from there I was looking for something to make my camera flash blink after the fact. Well, it seems I was a tad too focused on THAT particular action.
You know, you don't have a notification light that comes with your phone, so , obviously, you need something to make the light you DO have work LIKE a notification light to solve your problem. Right? Well, as it turns out, not so right.

The notification LED is usually kind of a low power light on the front of the phone (although I once a flip ph where it was on the top, up just a tad from flush. And that was useful to see from several angles). So, to make use of it, the phone's screen has to be up or in someway facing you.

Now I am sure there are apps that will flash your screen and/or turn it on when you missed a call/msg., and I think that is a feature of the Screen Notification app I have. But lighting up the whole screen did not appeal to me.

I eventually came across an app that, after a call or msg. comes in, it will post a colored Icon. or just a dot if you like, to your otherwise black, sleeping screen. And it will float there until you clear it any number of ways.

This app is called "NoLED". And it's icon in the app store is a black square with a red dot in the upper, left corner.

They say it was originally designed for the Galaxy S-something, but it sees to work just fine on my LG L90.
There are many different colors, styles and sizes of apps to pick from, but I kept it simple with typical icon outlines for missed calls, emails, and texts. In red, yellow and blue respectively. Although, for some reason, it gave me same solid icon I use on my home page for my main mail.

Now this still doesn't solve the problem of light to notify you if something came in if you have to leave your phone face down and be away from it, or not able to look at it, for a bit. But this is really much better than just a flashing light. Not only will it tell you that you missed something, it will also tell you what you missed.
So, if any of you have a similar need, check out NoLED in the app store.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kitezpro