Simple magnifying glass app

SlickRCBD

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
I had an app that could let me use my phone as a magnifying glass. Then it updated and introduced an annoying beep whenever it refocuses that can't be turned off, ignores the volume settings on the phone, and beeps with the speaker even with headphones plugged in.

Can somebody recommend an app that won't be used to spam me with obnoxious ads, especially ads with sound, is quiet, and can let me use the phone as a magnifying glass, preferably with multiple zoom levels?
I looked on Google Play, but when I search for "magnifying glass" I literally get hundreds of choices, and picking at random got apps that think that I have the time and inclination to watch a commercial before letting me actually use the app.
I use this at work, and am under pressure to work quickly and efficiently. I don't have time to wait 30 seconds for a commercial every time I need to magnify the tiny labels on a device serial number or part number. Nor do I enjoy such things. I find it aggravating.

So any suggestions on a freeware app that will just magnify things for me? The old one worked until they got the brilliant idea to introduce the beeps. Worse, I can't even find the app in the store after I uninstalled it, it's not showing up in my list of "not installed" apps. I do have an old screenshot of my apps before I did a reset on my phone a while ago, and the icon looked like this:
MagnifyingGlassIcon.jpg

Anyways, any suggestions on a replacement for this, and out of curiosity, does anybody have a link to the above on Google Play? I can't find it and I'm curious what the reviews were after the update.

MotorMike2020

Apr 14, 2020
Visit site
I use the built in Magnifier app that is already installed on the S10 and S10 +
It works perfectly without any ads or annoyances.