I need an honest, unbiased opinion here

packerbacker

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, You can't really go wrong with either of those two choices.
This. I was originally waiting for Verizon's HTC One. I had the original Galaxy and the Verizon version sucked. But. I objectively watched just about every One vs. S4 video I could and I agree that they are both high end devices. There are just features that set one apart from the other and you have to decide which one better suits your needs. I decided that the S4 was for me (camera features, remote, air gestures, brighter screen).

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
As mentioned above, it's all up to your needs. For me personally, the HTC One is a better choice because I prefer LCDs over Super Amoled displays and the plastic shell of the S4 simply can't match the aluminium unibody of the HTC One. I don't mind the non-expandable storage and unremovable battery, but you might want to take these things into consideration. Software-wise, Sense 5 appeals more to me. TouchWiz seems a bit old-fashioned. Regarding performance, the difference is negligible. Numbers aside, in real world usage you won't feel a dramatic difference in performance between the two handsets.
Long story short, I would suggest the HTC One, but that's because I like it better. Yes, my reply is biased towards the One, but then again, everyone has different priorities. It's all up to you in the end. Make the choice based on your preferences, because you won't make a terrible choice either way. Good luck!

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
This article is 2 months old,like has been said try both see which one fits your needs do not listen to replies like this HTC is not going anywhere,both phones have pluses and minuses.

Sent From My HTC Droid DNA Using Taptalk

Here's another:

"HTC saw its US market share decline to 8.7 percent in the three months ending in May, from 9.3 percent in the period ending in February, comScore said."
Samsung?s US subsidies higher than HTC, Apple - Taipei Times

Again, a company with financial difficulties is not going to be able to support and update a phone as readily as a company that is flush with cash. You only have to look at the lack of OS updates from HTC to see the truth in that statement. I suggest to the OP that he buy whatever phone fits his needs but consider future updates and support in his buying decision.

lou61166

Banned
Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Here's another:

"HTC saw its US market share decline to 8.7 percent in the three months ending in May, from 9.3 percent in the period ending in February, comScore said."
Samsung?s US subsidies higher than HTC, Apple - Taipei Times

Again, a company with financial difficulties is not going to be able to support and update a phone as readily as a company that is flush with cash. You only have to look at the lack of OS updates from HTC to see the truth in that statement. I suggest to the OP that he buy whatever phone fits his needs but consider future updates and support in his buying decision.

I have 2 HTC phone both have gotten updates my rezound a software update you should really just say in my opinion instead of trying to convince anyone this is a fact.

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I have 2 HTC phone both have gotten updates my rezound a software update you should really just say in my opinion instead of trying to convince anyone this is a fact.

It is a fact that HTC ONE owners are complaining about the lack of a 4.2.2 update is it not?

lou61166

Banned
Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
It is a fact that HTC ONE owners are complaining about the lack of a 4.2.2 update is it not?

On a message board, fact are S4 16 gb users complaining about the update to move apps to the SD card, dude get all your facts straight before posting your nonsense,is Samsung paying you or do you own Samsung.most updates you have to blame the carrier not the maker.

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
On a message board, fact are S4 16 gb users complaining about the update to move apps to the SD card, dude get all your facts straight before posting your nonsense,is Samsung paying you or do you own Samsung.most updates you have to blame the carrier not the maker.

Uh, you seem to have avoided the question. Are HTC ONE owners unhappy with the delay of the 4.2.2 update? No need to answer, we both know they are. Lets get back on topic. Your mention of the SD card updatae is exactly what I'm talking about. Samsung had no obligation to put out the update. They sold a hell of a lot of smartphones without it. But they have the money and resources to come up with an elective update and HTC still hasn't released the 4.2.2 update. A rational person could conclude that HTC is not the Company to go to if you are interested in timely updates.

lou61166

Banned
Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Uh, you seem to have avoided the question. Are HTC ONE owners unhappy with the delay of the 4.2.2 update? No need to answer, we both know they are. Lets get back on topic. Your mention of the SD card updatae is exactly what I'm talking about. Samsung had no obligation to put out the update. They sold a hell of a lot of smartphones without it. But they have the money and resources to come up with an elective update and HTC still hasn't released the 4.2.2 update. A rational person could conclude that HTC is not the Company to go to if you are interested in timely updates.

I have heard complaints about all phone manufacturers not getting timely updates these are carriers faults not the maker if there was a major issue like Samsung had with the lag they push updates out to keep the sales up I remember not to long ago Samsung had radio issues and a lot of upset customers complaining about the lack of an update

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I have heard complaints about all phone manufacturers not getting timely updates these are carriers faults not the maker if there was a major issue like Samsung had with the lag they push updates out to keep the sales up I remember not to long ago Samsung had radio issues and a lot of upset customers complaining about the lack of an update

I think we could find any manufacturer falling behind in updates... It's happened to all them at one point or another. The main thing is if updates are a crucial thing for you.. Then that is why they made the Google Edition of these top phones.

Personally I don't fret about updates. I could always root to get something if I was desperate but.. I'm not. I can just wait :).

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using AC forums.

lou61166

Banned
Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I think we could find any manufacturer falling behind in updates... It's happened to all them at one point or another. The main thing is if updates are a crucial thing for you.. Then that is why they made the Google Edition of these top phones.

Personally I don't fret about updates. I could always root to get something if I was desperate but.. I'm not. I can just wait :).

Could not have said better myself!!!!!!

Mr.Willie

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
It's one of the best phone available right now. I only chose the s4 over the One because it was more powerful and I like to game on my phone. It depends on how you use your phone really.

Sent from my GT-I9500

Um, how is it more powerful, and why are people complaining about lag on the S4 and not on the One ? Overclocking the CPU by 200 MHz has a negligible effect on real world use.

What delay ? I am currently running 4.2.2. Okay, it's a custom ROM, but the fact is, they made the device with an unlockable boot loader.

Of course with 32 or 64 gigs of storage, having to manage an SD card because your easy to crack the screen phone has only 16 gigs of storage, of which only nine are free, is not an issue. ;)

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, I finally made a decision yesterday afternoon. And now I am the proud owner of the Samsung Galaxy S4! :):beer::beer::)

Now all I need is a good case and holster! :D

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Well, I finally made a decision yesterday afternoon. And now I am the proud owner of the Samsung Galaxy S4! :):beer::beer::)

Now all I need is a good case and holster! :D

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app

Naked! ;)