I need help with the calendar

Franklin#AC

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I tried to sync my Eris with my PC Outlook 2007 for my address book and my calendar, but that was a complete failure.

I decided to just enter my info on the calendar app and made a massive mistake and I don't have a clue how to delete the entry.

In Outlook, I put birthdates (family, friends) with an endless date so it appears once a year. The calendar app didn't do that. It put a tag on every date for the next 15 years. UGH!

I deleted the calendar app and put on a new one, but sadly, the date with the massive error was still there.

1) How do I delete single entry info on the calendar?

2) I am afraid of using Google (address and calendar or anything basically) since they have problems with their privacy issues ... any other suggestions so I could have a calendar on my PC that could be shared on my Eris?

Franklin#AC

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I couldn't do anything to the calendar, so I decided to tackle the issue of not being able to sync my phone. I re-read this thread

http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc...rial-syncing-eris-outlook-without-google.html

... and I had somehow missed an important part (every time I read it).

There will be a little icon at the top left of the Eris and you need to pull that window down. !!!!! Why aren't those instructions in the manual?

Anyway, a thousand thanks to koalabear for the info.

Once I was able to sync with Outlook, I was able to fix the calendar problem and have all of my contacts in both places.

Franklin#AC

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Yes I am pathetic as a newbie. I asked a question and worked until I could answer it (with help from the above reference thread), but I can't believe I have yet another calendar question.

Hopefully this will be easier for someone to answer.

I have the calendar app on a "page" by itself, but it is in the icon form and I want it to stay in a big calendar form. I know it can be done, but I can't remember where I read how to do it.

li2327

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Yes I am pathetic as a newbie. I asked a question and worked until I could answer it (with help from the above reference thread), but I can't believe I have yet another calendar question.

Hopefully this will be easier for someone to answer.

I have the calendar app on a "page" by itself, but it is in the icon form and I want it to stay in a big calendar form. I know it can be done, but I can't remember where I read how to do it.

Are you talking about the calendar widget choose the screen you want and hit the + key then choose HTC widgets then calendar. You can choose the big one or the single entry calendar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trexgameaz