I never UNFLIP my phone fully/flat. How do you USE yours?

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
For one it helps my wrist, it's more comfortable to hold when compared to my S22U & 13mini.

Some dipstick at work says, I'm showing off. Okay. LOL

I thought it was funny.

Even when playing Asphalt 9 it's slightly bent.

Right now my left pinky is supporting the bottom, middle & ring at the back and typing with my thumb and right index finger.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I noticed that I'm using flex mode much more than I did on the flip 3. Also love the way it feels in hand. Just the right size without feeling too wide or heavy like the S22 U.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I usually open it fully, but there are times like when watching a youtube video i'll have it angled just because it's more comfortable. This thing kinda reminds me of a Gameboy Advance SP lol.

What if you are showing off? nothing wrong with a little bit of that as long as you're not being a **** about it!

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I open mine all the way.. I just don't put any pressure on it. And when I hold it to my ear (which isn't often, I use Bluetooth) I keep it slightly folded to not stress it too much. The videos and pics I've seen looks like the stress of forcing it open stretches and stresses the protector at the crease. Especially flipping it open :eek: I keep it open at home to save wear and tear on it... the less folding the more life ;)

Do you notice how the Flip and Fold come opened up in their boxes? I think that's to minimize the time the screen is being creased while packaged.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I open mine all the way.. I just don't put any pressure on it. And when I hold it to my ear (which isn't often, I use Bluetooth) I keep it slightly folded to not stress it too much. The videos and pics I've seen looks like the stress of forcing it open stretches and stresses the protector at the crease. Especially flipping it open :eek: I keep it open at home to save wear and tear on it... the less folding the more life ;)

Do you notice how the Flip and Fold come opened up in their boxes? I think that's to minimize the time the screen is being creased while packaged.
I never thought about it but u bring up a good point

frifred

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I keep mine fully open when using it or when it is just sitting on the table waiting to be used. I only really fold it when I am putting it in my pocket to go out, or when I go to bed (I have it on do not disturb and folding it takes up less room on my nightstand). Did the same with my Flip 3. Haven't had any issues with either.

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
Exactly same with me ..opened around the house when I'm working on computer and inside ready for usage ..folded going out and about or out at friends or dinner

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
And the point of having a flip phone if you're going to leave it open most of the time is what?
It's not needed to be folded if you working by the desk at home ..you can save yourself the unfold ...I keep mine on a stand opened so easy to access I want to action something .. convenient folded for carrying around outside ..

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Exactly same with me ..opened around the house when I'm working on computer and inside ready for usage ..folded going out and about or out at friends or dinner

Exactly as Flossy would say. Your friends has an iphone, another a Galaxy. You put your closed flip on the table, now your a lion, top of the food chain just like them.

AndroidFanboy8

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site
For one it helps my wrist, it's more comfortable to hold when compared to my S22U & 13mini.

Some dipstick at work says, I'm showing off. Okay. LOL

I thought it was funny.

Even when playing Asphalt 9 it's slightly bent.

Right now my left pinky is supporting the bottom, middle & ring at the back and typing with my thumb and right index finger.

I have a mobility disability with my right hand so I typically use both hands to open the flip or else chance dropping it. I've learned to use both hands to open and close the flip. I'm always using the device then folded right into my pocket of my skinny jeans!

Last edited: