I see the S III is getting 4.3

Zookeeper63

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
If your so worried about it why don't you just root and ROM the thing instead of complaining about it then you'll never have to wait for updates again if you did so you'd already have a 4.4 kit kat ROM on your phone and be happy with that custom ROMs are smoother and overall better than stock so I see no reason why not to do so... Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using AC Forums mobile app

I don't want to root, this phone should be supported better by HTC.

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Right but rooting does so much for every phone out there there's no reason not to unless your worried about voiding your warranty besides custom ROMs are always so much smoother than stock and less bloated I'm sure there plenty of 4.3 and sense 5 ROMs out there that are wayyy better than stock HTC just saying I realized my phone was a beast but was stuck with 4.1.2 so I unlocked rooted and rommed and am now running aosp kit kat and loving every minute of it!

Captain_Throwback

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
See

How's that screenshot relevant to this device?

This screenshot is much more relevant:

hujumu4u.jpg

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Its not lol I was talking about already having KitKat on mine and that there's already KitKat ROMs for this device(evo LTE).

Last edited:

Zookeeper63

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
After it was "confirmed" for "before the end of the year" I'm tired of the lies and all the HTC fanbois who act like they are getting paid to defend a company that sucks.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
After it was "confirmed" for "before the end of the year" I'm tired of the lies and all the HTC fanbois who act like they are getting paid to defend a company that sucks.
Feel free to back up your statements with "Confirmed" and all that crap with actual links.
Just because someone says on here its confirmed doesnt mean it is.. Also HTC has been pretty transparent about trying to get the updates out. At least they admit they are not happy with the delayed roll out.
Im an HTC Fanboy.. I just went with a better carrier. Left Sprint and with T-Mobile now. Im enjoying the HTC One and the Note 3..
If your not happy get a Samsung or LG device.

Zookeeper63

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
Well, bless your heart aren't you coming in here all demanding! For your information Jason Mackenzie President of HTC USA posted it on his twitter as did Mohammed Versi, HTC director of product management. That good enough or do you demand written bibliography and sworn affidavits from everyone?

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
There's always going to be pros and cons to everything.

Isn't that the truth. Some of my friends call me "Mr. Negative" since I seemingly find something wrong with just about everything. But there are so few things that don't have bad along with the good.... especially when it comes to something as complex as a modern smart phone. And some "bad" or "good" is just personal opinion and will vary from person to person. Having choice is good.

gameaddict8

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Isn't that the truth. Some of my friends call me "Mr. Negative" since I seemingly find something wrong with just about everything. But there are so few things that don't have bad along with the good.... especially when it comes to something as complex as a modern smart phone. And some "bad" or "good" is just personal opinion and will vary from person to person. Having choice is good.

There is no perfect device. You will have to compromise

Posted via Android Central App

flyer8493

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I liked aosp on my evo so much that I got the nexus 5. Stock android is awesome, especially bug free. If sprint keeps participating with the nexus program I'll never buy a "skinned" device again.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevinrshay1984