I think it's time to move on

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Well, in an unexpected turn of events, I ordered the Razer Phone 2 today. It's not near the phone the ROG 2 is, but it's dirt cheap for cyber weekend ($250 at Best Buy), and won't be a paperweight in a couple years. For that price, I can handle some sacrifices. Should be getting it on Tuesday.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Well, in an unexpected turn of events, I ordered the Razer Phone 2 today. It's not near the phone the ROG 2 is, but it's dirt cheap for cyber weekend ($250 at Best Buy), and won't be a paperweight in a couple years. For that price, I can handle some sacrifices. Should be getting it on Tuesday.
Congratulations! I hope you like it. Please let us know your thoughts once it arrives and you've had a chance to use it

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
My LG V20 had a failed microphone in early October 2019. Nobody could understand me during phone calls unless I used a Bluetooth microphone. That was unacceptable to me, so I needed to get a new phone. I opted for the Samsung Galaxy S10+, since it was the same price as the LG V50, and Samsung is better than LG in terms of updates at this time. I never thought I'd ever buy a Samsung device, since I despised TouchWiz. However, OneUI is a vast improvement over TouchWiz, and even the audio on the S10+ is decent enough that I don't have any disappointment in it compared to what I had on the V20.

I'd definitely consider another LG device in the future, since I loved my V20, but right now I love my S10+.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Congratulations! I hope you like it. Please let us know your thoughts once it arrives and you've had a chance to use it
I plan to. I'm actually kinda eager to Plato with the camera on it. All the reviews seem to slam it, but it's all due to software it seems. I mostly shoot manual mode, which has almost no reliance on software. I'm not expecting to be blown away or even do as well as the V20, but I'm betting I'll make them look a lot better than the reviews suggest.

v65rider

Aug 26, 2018
Visit site
For that price you had me intrigued until I read the last sentence of the smaller font in the following:
0590e0fb048ddff310d6037de79191e7.jpg

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
For that price you had me intrigued until I read the last sentence of the smaller font in the following:
0590e0fb048ddff310d6037de79191e7.jpg
That should've been a given, as Verizon isn't allowing any new phones onto GUDP plans and I'm surprised they haven't kicked everyone off those by now outright. But if that's a concern, you can also buy it direct from Razer for $300 as part of their cyber weekend sale, then use whatever trick you have to activate it on your plan. Bundle it with the Arc Tech Pro case, and get an extra $12 off the case (I'm going with a Spigeon from Amazon, though).

www.razer.com/mobile/razer-phone-2

v65rider

Aug 26, 2018
Visit site
That should've been a given, as Verizon isn't allowing any new phones onto GUDP plans and I'm surprised they haven't kicked everyone off those by now outright. But if that's a concern, you can also buy it direct from Razer for $300 as part of their cyber weekend sale, then use whatever trick you have to activate it on your plan. Bundle it with the Arc Tech Pro case, and get an extra $12 off the case (I'm going with a Spigeon from Amazon, though).

www.razer.com/mobile/razer-phone-2

You're right about the GUDP issue. About 6 months ago I added a new line of service via the BYOD option and received a $250 gift card. I remember they put that new line (or was it all of my lines?) on a metered data plan. I eventually got them to honor all my lines after bellyaching about it. They did mention the days of my GUDP are numbered

Good info re: the Razer promo. I can upgrade 4 of my 6 lines without restriction so if I bought this phone I'd simply be able to replace 1 of the 4 and not worry about losing my GUDP. Thanks!

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
You're right about the GUDP issue. About 6 months ago I added a new line of service via the BYOD option and received a $250 gift card. I remember they put that new line (or was it all of my lines?) on a metered data plan. I eventually got them to honor all my lines after bellyaching about it. They did mention the days of my GUDP are numbered

Good info re: the Razer promo. I can upgrade 4 of my 6 lines without restriction so if I bought this phone I'd simply be able to replace 1 of the 4 and not worry about losing my GUDP. Thanks!
Maybe I'll be seeing you in the (mostly dead) Razer Phone 2 forum on here? Lol

talon1189

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site
Finally gave in after owning a LG V20 for 3 years. OnePlus has $150 bucks off a OnePlus 7 Pro so ordered it for $549.00 😁 I will keep my V20 close by as it was the best phone that I have ever owned. The OnePlus 7 Pro can't be beat for the price. I should have it early next week 👍

Last edited:

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'll try to write up a more detailed review later, but so far liking the Razer more than not. The V20 spoiled me on several things, especially the camera controls. There's no manual mode on the Razer, plus they hamstrung the underlying API so even the third party app's can't make full use of it. So I think I'm going to replace the camera modules on my V20 to keep as a backup.