I use my s pen ALL the time! Do you?

owensch1

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I love this thing! I use it a ton more than my finger, probably 90% of the time. Especially since I use Swype. Ironically my screen is usually free of smudges as well. Except my unlock pattern area. Might be easy to figure it out......

Sent from my m'fn Galaxy Note son!

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I love this thing! I use it a ton more than my finger, probably 90% of the time. Especially since I use Swype. Ironically my screen is usually free of smudges as well. Except my unlock pattern area. Might be easy to figure it out......

Sent from my m'fn Galaxy Note son!

I agree totally! I use mine everyday and cant imagine going back. i also have the note 2 and as new phones are announced for the fall i just cant imagine upgrading to anything that doesn't have a stylus onboard.

fcjr77

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I love the S Pen. It really does save the screen from looking dirty with smudges as I see some of my friends have on their iPads. It also just feels right when taking notes to use a pen and not your finger. I also have the Note 2 for work and it works great. I would never go back to a non pen tablet or phone.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Not all the time but I would say 70%.

I agree the S-Pen is amazing it's one of the reasons why I bought it over the new nexus 7.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site

I use the S-Pen almost all the time now on both my Note 2 and 10.1. I like how just pulling the S-Pen out automatically wakes the screen (and can be used on the lock screen). In particular though, I really like how it keeps finger prints/smudges away. It also is more precise than a finger for clicking on smaller items (ex. on web sites) or for the hover features, especially the scrolling when you put it near the edge of the screen. :)

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I had not used an S Pen before my Note 8. I had used at least 6 3rd party pens and they all were not better and mostly worse than using my finger. But after starting to use the S Pen I am finding that I can't wait to use the Note 8 so I can use the S Pen to very accurately select and write. Great addition to a tablet and one I would never do without in the future.
Bruce

thornja70

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I also had never used an active stylus prior to the Note 8, but find it almost indispensable on the 8 inch screen. I have to admit I use just touch most of the time, but it is there if i need it. The hover function is what I use most, I hardly ever use handwriting recognition and NEVER use S note.

brecklundin

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
when I reach for my N8 I grab the A-pen. For me without the s-pen my Note 8.0 is just another Android tablet ' a nice tablet but just one of a zillion. Add the span and we have a real computing tool.

For me the Note 8 is my old PDA having a "love child" with my favorite laptop, I've only had mine about a week and already the'impact of this leetle pen has been greater than any tool I've used in at least the past decade.... well since my last Sony Clie.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk HD

Powerplaygraphix

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm a graphic designer and use a wacom tablet all the time. The fact that they created the digitizer for this "Note" line has had me interested in this line from the beginning but I just haven't pulled the trigger yet. The 8 was really close but I really wish it had a little higher PPI and a lot lower cost. Folks are saying that there's a limitation in how dense it can be to work for the Wacom end of things but I find that hard to believe since their tablets have incredible sensitivity at a much higher pixel density on the computer tablets. I really wish they would lower the price too! Wonder what we'll see on the next round of "Notes"

Sethbag

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
when I reach for my N8 I grab the A-pen. For me without the s-pen my Note 8.0 is just another Android tablet ' a nice tablet but just one of a zillion. Add the span and we have a real computing tool.

For me the Note 8 is my old PDA having a "love child" with my favorite laptop, I've only had mine about a week and already the'impact of this leetle pen has been greater than any tool I've used in at least the past decade.... well since my last Sony Clie.
I usually hate "me too" posts, but your post on the S-Pen needs to be reinforced for the benefit of those who haven't used it before. Simply put, it's fantastic. One month with my Note 8 and I cannot imagine buying a tablet now that doesn't have an S-Pen. I have it in my hand probably 70-80% of the time now when I'm using the tablet for anything more than watching video or listening to audio books. I even use it while browsing, because it gives me accuracy to click on tiny hyperlinks than I just don't have with my fat fingertip. I have also found that with the handwriting recognition, I can type in emails, facebook updates, whatever, faster than I could Swype it, and definitely faster than using my thumbs on a conventional phone/tablet keyboard.

There's a real usability gap between any tablet and a desktop computer with a mouse and keyboard. There's no denying that. Adding the S-Pen probably cuts that gap at least in half. The Note is just as useful as any other Android tablet out there, plus it adds a lot of usefulness by having the stylus that all the other non-stylus tablets simply cannot approach.

jwn66

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I try to use it but i'm terrified i'm gonna scratch the screen (even tho I know it wont, just my luck it will, lul)

fromohio

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Will never have another tablet that does not include an S Pen (or similar) option. Have had my GN8 since launch. Use the pen daily. Have almost eliminated paper note taking.

Only gripe I have, really want more S Pen alternatives. The on board pen is great for quick notes but I want something more substantial. I have tried several great Wacom pens, all have worked but suffer small offset when held at angles. This does not create a huge issue when writing but I find it frustrating to draw with.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11