I want a phone that just works, and I'm hoping the Pixel is it..

mop26921

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
I simply want a phone that gets a solid 5-6 hours of screen on time, a camera that at least in good light can open and snap a few off quickly, and something that feels comfortable to hold for those long periods of time.

You might be in luck. A couple of guys on reddit got their Pixels early and both report great battery life and good camera quality

arthurhkt

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Just a bit of a thought thread.

I've used every major player thats come into the smartphone game since 2007 with the iPhone launch. I've used Windows based devices before the iPhone, but the iPhone was my first real taste of a smartphone. In between there I've had blackberrys, a brief stint with Palm, Most of the major Android phones as well as the nexus line of devices. While I've always switched back and froth, ive always primarily used an Android device, and while I love android and some of the phones that have sprouted up, I always felt the need to tinker with my phones. Custom Roms, kernels, battery saving apps etc. Doing everything I could to get the smoothest, quickest and most power efficient experience.

Android devices have always seem to have been a mixed bag, there always seems to be a compromise between one feature or another. Very rarely did we ever get good battery life shipped from the factory, a camera app we liked, a theme we like etc..

Every single Android phone i've owned besides the S5 and S6 I have rooted and installed a custom Rom. I did originally on my Galaxy phones because I hate touchwhiz, but I learned to live with Touchwhiz because I was sick of always needing to have a work around for an update or an app that did not like the phone being rooted.

I love my Nexus 6P, but the battery life on it is horrendous if you use apps that are considered battery hogging. I'm a social butterfly, let me have my facebook and messenger. The ONLY way I got all day battery from a single charge was by installing a custom kernel and tweaking it. Granted, some of the issues were due to the SoC and not necessarily poor design of the device or software.

Look at an iPhone. They may not have the most stellar battery life compared to a select few android that are really great, but how many people actually complain about it? I don't think I know anyone who says "Man I hate the battery life on my iPhone"

I'm hoping the Pixel is a phone that just works. I'm not asking for the industry leader in battery life, I'm not asking for a camera that can compete with a Nikon DSLR, im not even asking for a panasonic tough book class device..

I simply want a phone that gets a solid 5-6 hours of screen on time, a camera that at least in good light can open and snap a few off quickly, and something that feels comfortable to hold for those long periods of time.

Love or hate the iPhone, it fits most of the bill of what people want. Battery life thats pretty much repeatable on any other iPhone you come across, a camera that takes great shots, and it feels great in the hands. Its a well rounded phone..

I'm really hoping the Pixel is this, and I hope it continues to be this through my existence.

Well then, Pixel would be your best choice then, I am been using Nexus since Galaxy Nexus S era. So far every stock Android device offer me a best battery life, while the camera start getting better on the 6P, I believe Pixel will be even better performance on the camera side ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana