I WANT MY iPHONE 3S BACK...............

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
What gets me frustrated about the Android platform, are the different versions of the phone models! For instance, the Samsung Galaxy S3. There are too many versions of it for the US market! I have a UK (International) unbranded S3. I wish Samsung would make 1 version to cover all markets when they release the S4. Samsung and other Android manufacturers could learn a lot from Apple in this instance.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Its still the same OS on all the SGS 3 platforms. Example if were talking about ICS/Android 4.0.x which it was released with then its the same across the board except what the carriers have added or removed in terms of bloatware. Same goes for those who's carriers have updated the SGS 3 to Jellybean 4.1.x

Aside from different radios CDMA/GSM/LTE,HSPA+, etc the only difference is the bloatware added by the carriers :)

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
That is all about the carriers and has very little to do with android itself. In theory I could have my own branded Android phone and change whatever I want in the software. I could make the splash screen all about me. I could make tons of apps that you dont need or want.

Samsung mostly does make one phone (some things are added or subtracted, but not much on their end), the US carriers just have so much control.

I am hoping that with the amount of phones the SGS3 and the N2 have sold they will start throwing some weight around to be more like apple. I doubt it though, it doesnt bother them at all...

Introducing the Piizza phone. Lol. Has a ring to it.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter