Icon frame cannot be deactivated

Velivole

Feb 12, 2018
Visit site
Hi there,
after the Oreo Update, the App Icon frames cannot bei deactivated. Even if I am activating the option in the settings, the icons stay the same...
What can I do. I do not like the odly shaped icons.

al3azim

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Are you using a theme? With themes you cannot change the icons. You will need to go back to the default theme first, change them there then set back the theme of choice.

Velivole

Feb 12, 2018
Visit site
Are you using a theme? With themes you cannot change the icons. You will need to go back to the default theme first, change them there then set back the theme of choice.

I am, but I deactivated it beforehand. Also using an other Launcher (in my case the Microsoft Launcher) causes that you can't change this setup.
But I returned to the original theme and launcher, changed this setting to "just icons" but there is no difference. Even after reboot.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I suggest do a factory reset if it matters that much to you, and don't restore settings.

Personally I always do a factory reset after major updates. It's as close as to a clean install as you can do without flashing.

al3azim

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I am, but I deactivated it beforehand. Also using an other Launcher (in my case the Microsoft Launcher) causes that you can't change this setup.
But I returned to the original theme and launcher, changed this setting to "just icons" but there is no difference. Even after reboot.

The other thing to check is see if you are using a custom ICON pack from the theme store. Normally does are not affected by that as well. Factory reset as someone else suggested will fix it but you have to go through the setup again and if you are ok with that, it will resolve the issue.

pjniez

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I am having the same problem on my S9+. I am using the default theme and icons and turning off the frames in the display settings has no affect.

al3azim

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I believe with Oreo update, the Google apps have frames by default so they will not change so they match the Samsung icons look. It's the other apps that will show or hide frames based on the selection. If those work and are showing or hiding the frames, then it is working correctly as it should. Google apps will no longer change.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qaz