ICS for Thrive . . . YES!

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Mine is doing it (locking up while in sleep mode) too, post-ICS-upgrade. Just this morning I had to reset again. Hoping Toshiba Canada comes out with a patch to resolve this soonest.

It was perfectly reliable before.

With ICS I was hoping for at least a) being able to easily write to the external SD card again and b) face unlock. Neither appear available, and the tablet is now less reliable. So far, the only visible benefit is a slightly more-modern interface and the ability - from the Developer screen - to 'stay awake' while plugged in. It is also slower, and the Service Station takes so long to load that the system asks me if I should wait or close (I wait, it eventually starts).

I still need the full-sized USB host and HDMI connector, so it is still the right hardware, but how can I recommend a device to someone when it crashes routinely in sleep mode?

Face unlock was not planned to be included for the thrive. However if you root the thrive, you can get face unlock. I have it installed on my thrive.

Sleep of death is an Android issue not just the thrive. Set your wifi to never turn off, it helps but does not solve the issue

Sent from a jive turkee

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Enid