ICS upgrades for current phones and tablets?

3rdpig

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
If it's a Verizon phone, expect it to take a year for them to get it properly Binged, bloated and running slow and buggy enough to pass the QC department.

Wicket

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm still curious how ICS is going to treat the physical buttons. Will phones that get the upgrade have two sets of Home, Back, and Menu buttons? Will that be something that can be "turned off" on those phones?

I'm not too concerned about it, I'm sure my Droid Charge won't be getting it, but I'm still curious.

Jason

I'm pretty sure it'll be compatible with physical buttons and just won't have the on screen buttons. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't remove the code for physical buttons since ICS will be on the Nexus S and other newer devices. I'd imagine most of the high-end phones from this last year will see ICS eventually.

reelon

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I do hope ICS does have upgrades for current phones. My Photon 4G is not that old I hope it is able to receive the ICS upgrade.

I have an atrix 4g (ok, ok, 3.5 g) and I hope that get the ICS update, the hardware is capable of running it, assuming that the nexus s can do it.

Last edited:

tsak6789

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Seeing as it took forever for some phones to get the GB update, I'm not too excited for ICS. I have the original Evo, and I don't expect it to be one of the first phones to get it.
As for my Galaxy Tab, I'm trying to be a little more optimistic.

SanGo

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Seeing as it took forever for some phones to get the GB update, I'm not too excited for ICS. I have the original Evo, and I don't expect it to be one of the first phones to get it.
As for my Galaxy Tab, I'm trying to be a little more optimistic.

Isn't the OG Evo at its EOL?

richcracker#AC

May 21, 2010
Visit site
People, god knows why any of you are speaking of the iPhone but all of you talking about "multi-tasking" are wrong, notice how i paranthesized "multi-tasking", that's because it is NOT actual multi-tasking, iphone (all of them 3GS and after) have pseudo-multitasking, it merely freezes a task when going to another and then unfreezes it when you return, both items never actually run at the same time (i.e true multitasking) WE, The android owners are still the only ones that have REAL multitasking.

Srsly though, who cares? ICS is gonna blow iCandy out of the water, it's not like we are not already surpassing it constantly as it is :)

You must be forgetting webOS...best multi-tasking around.

SanGo

May 13, 2010
Visit site
EOL = End of Life, which is the point at which future support for a device becomes unnecessary. That's not to say that carriers are guaranteed to stop updating phones past their EOL as I believe the OG Droid saw support from VZW for a long time, but once it's past that date it's much less likely that a phone will see major support and updates.

SanGo

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Ah. Well then yes I think it is. But it has to last until May before I can upgrade to a non HTC phone.

There's always rooting and custom ROMs. Having just upgraded from my Evo, the dev community has done wonders to keep this phone relevant with updates.

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
All I want is it to run on my nook! I'm sure CM8/CM9 will fix that.

Sent from my CM7'd NookColor using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crowoverhoe