If I only care about performance and battery, is the Huawei Mate 20 the best phone right now?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I heard it's a bit buggy and that the software is kinda bad. Would it be a good idea to replace it with the stock android? Would it perform better and faster?

Thank you!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Do you have an AOSP with a HAL designed for the Mate 20? If you flash "stock Android" for another phone, you can turn yours into a paperweight. If you need more battery, carry a power pack.

As for performance, the Kirin 980 isn't a mid-level SoC (it's better than the Snapdragon 835 in my Pixel 2 and, in some tests, better than the 845 in the Pixel 3).

But, if you want to, you can get a stock AOSP and develop the HAL (or get a version with a Mate 20 HAL) and see if it's any faster.

dc52ltr

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
It's no more buggy than any other phone, battery is phenomenal and my Mate 20 Pro is as fast as the day I got it.. HTH.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
excellent phone... super fast... awesome battery life... camera is the best...for my blog and social media..I use mate 20 pro....use to use note 9 earlier but mate 20 pro camera is way way better

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I heard it's a bit buggy and that the software is kinda bad. Would it be a good idea to replace it with the stock android? Would it perform better and faster?

Thank you!
Performance and Battery Life are two areas Huawei mastered a long time ago.

Mate 20 Pro is fast, fluid and I got well over 8hours SOT on a charge over 24hours of heavy usage. Camera is incredible and seriously versatile.

The P30 Pro is the only other device I would recommend looking at if you want a great all round smartphone, but there are better deals for the Mate 20 Pro.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shirlysmith44