If specs are true, I want this

SenorPepe

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
So you guys put hardware ahead of software in this case? What happens if KLP makes the A1 hardware of the G obsolete in under a year? Dont get me wrong i'm considering this phone just want some feedback.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

EconomicMayhem

May 11, 2012
Visit site
So you guys put hardware ahead of software in this case? What happens if KLP makes the A1 hardware of the G obsolete in under a year? Dont get me wrong i'm considering this phone just want some feedback.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

With your thinking we should all wait for Nvidia Maximus architecture on a smartphone. It is probably only a few years away.

Sent from my LG-F160S, LG Optimus LTE 2

EconomicMayhem

May 11, 2012
Visit site
I passed by an LG shop yesterday and held the G in my hand. It has a more quality build feel to it. It gave me a strong Iphone sense to it. Almost like they copied the Iphone with a bigger screen.

The screen is like three mm shorter than my lte2 and maybe one or two mm wider.

(demo model) I don't think they had any up and running.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Gonna have to take a pass on this. The camera isn't blowing anyone away, the glass back scares me, and a swapable battery is preferable to a sealed one. Looks like the Note 2 for me.

Pre-dawn raid

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Not really digging the iPhone straight side rectangular look. Seems like they should've pushed the design envelope a little and differentiated their device more from the fruit company's. The sealed battery isn't a deal breaker for me either as most of the smartphone market is headed that way. I am, however, worried that it's not being shipped with JB. How is LG with timely updates on their devices? I've never owned LG anything.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Gonna have to take a pass on this. The camera isn't blowing anyone away, the glass back scares me, and a swapable battery is preferable to a sealed one. Looks like the Note 2 for me.

Glass back? It has a plastic back with a fancy shiny coating on it.

Nobody has really messed with a production version, either, these are all pre-production units that they used in Korea.

FruitSlayer

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I was so excited for this phone but LG's UI styling screams out "hello kitty" to me. I might be alone in this opinion but I dont care for it (and yes I know ROMs will take care of this but still). Specs are still phenomenal though.

EconomicMayhem

May 11, 2012
Visit site
+1. It's by far not the sexiest phone being released. If I'm gonna have a phone for 2+ years it has to be a looker.

Sigh. How can a phone be sexy? Unique? I have an LG Optimus LTE2. This phone is not available outside Korea with these specs and most Koreans have Samsung. My phone is awesome and a "looker" because few have looked at it.

I have come to the rational conclusion the look of the phone isnt all that important.

Sent from my LG-F160S in South Korea.
LG Optimus LTE 2.

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Sigh. How can a phone be sexy? Unique? I have an LG Optimus LTE2. This phone is not available outside Korea with these specs and most Koreans have Samsung. My phone is awesome and a "looker" because few have looked at it.

I have come to the rational conclusion the look of the phone isnt all that important.

LG Optimus LTE 2.

Definately. I would definately pic a phone based on hardware/software/battery life over something that looks cool

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site

LG Optimus LTE 2.

Its definitely subjective. The One X and S3 look nicer IMO. I'd pick the Optimus G over the S3 because of the display and internals, but I'm also more than happy with the display on the One X and upcoming Tegra 3 + LTE too.

EconomicMayhem

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Its definitely subjective. The One X and S3 look nicer IMO. I'd pick the Optimus G over the S3 because of the display and internals, but I'm also more than happy with the display on the One X and upcoming Tegra 3 + LTE too.

I'm waiting for the NVidia processor that mimics the Nvidia Maximus architecture.

Pre-dawn raid

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site

LG Optimus LTE 2.

Well, the look and form factor of the hardware have to be appealing to me. After all, you ARE staring at the thing all day when in use and I feel it needs to be pleasing to the eye/hand as well as the functionality which is where the internals come in. These phones are so integrated in our lives that they have become accessories and thus need to play the part to some extent. I want my smartphone to have a timeless yet unique design element and this phone doesn't for me. I looks just like the iPhone. Granted the internals are great but the overall look leaves something to be desired. Guess I need to see and feel it in person to make a final decision. This is all my personal opinion of course so take it with a grain of salt.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe